Please Help formulate potting mix have items already

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Twelvejewelz11, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Here is what I have:
    12 cubic feet of Canadian peat moss
    4 40lb bags of humus/manure
    5 cubic feet of perlite
    8 8 quart coco coir bricks (it was all I could get my hands on)
    They will be going into 8 20” inch 47QT/44.5L containers (17 inches tall 20 inches around)

Will be outdoors. Will be adding dolomite lime, and some other amendments but I need to get an idea of how I’m going to do my base mix? I would like to mix it all at once on a tarp and don’t want to overdue anything or waste anything.

Can you please give me advice on the ratio you would use of the products I’ve mentioned and have on hand to fill my pots with? Math isn’t my strongest area haha thanks in advance!!

2. Anyone good with the math? Do I have enough to fill all of the 20 inch pots or do I need more? I’m not sure how many Cubic feet 40 pounds of compost is. Was thinking of doing 1 brick of coco coir per container, then 1/3 peat, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 humus/manure mix. Last years grow came out great if you look at my past posts. I want to get this stuff mixed today if possible. Any more help would be appreciated. Thanks again

3. To make it easier these are the pots I bought.

Dynamic Design Newbury 20 in. x 20 in. Black Poly Planter-NB2006BK - The Home Depot

I have 8 pots 20inx20inx17in ( they say 47 quarts /45.5 liters on the bottom)
    -3 bags 3 cubic ft peat moss
    -8 1 pound bricks of bricks coco coir (says expands to 8 quarts)
    -5 cubic feet perlite
    -4 bags of 40 pound humus/ manure compost

Did I do the math wrong? I haven’t yet mixed my soil and would like to get it done asap. I want to make sure I have everything I need before I do it. Is there anything I’m missing? Do I have enough of everything for all 8 pots? Thanks

4. A little help would have been nice sheesh haha. I managed to mix the 8 containers today. Left over I have: 2.5 bags of the 3 cubic feet peat moss and 1 cubic foot of perlite.. Each container I put a half a bag of the manure/humus , added equal parts of perlite and equal parts of peat moss. I mixed in 1 cup powdered dolomite lime, 1 cup dr. Earth dry vegetable fertilizer and 2 tbsp of epsom salt, and mixed 1 coco coir brick into the top 8 inches and then watered it. I left about 6 inches to the top of the container to see how it looks and feels tomorrow after it is settled in. I bought way too much peat and not enough coco coir. I might decide to add more perlite and coco coir and mix it in a bit to finish it off for the remaining 6 inches on top. When I go to transplant them into these pots I can easily bury the stalks a little bit too if the sprouts are too leggy.