Please Help First time grower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Colt530, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Ok, This is my first ever grow, I started the plant a little over a month ago. The plant is in a 2x3x8 closet it is about a foot tall. The little round water petals turned yellow about a week ago and fell off I didn't really think too much of it but since then the plant has only started looking worse. One day I woke up the plant was wilted and looked over watered so I drained the pot and put it back in the closet to start the dark part of the 18/6 veg cycle it snapped back about after the dark cycle. The lighting I use is 2 23w daylight CFLs about 5-6inches away, The soil is a perlite/soil mix. The nutes are a 9-18-9 shake and feed ( think it may be a little early) the pot is 8in in diameter so about a gallon of soil. The bottom leaves are turning kinda of like the way a banana it went from green to yellow to brown(only the tips are brown) and the plant is starting to wilt again. The top half of the stem is turning a redish, purpleish color. I honestly still don't know the sex of the plant it still isn't showing but that's because its still in veg. The new veg really isn't showing any bad signs of the deficiency but I could be wrong because the tips are darker than the rest of the leaves. but they seem to have a very small small small and barely noticable twist at the tips the leaves also feel like they are getting brittle but I water them 2-3 times a week. so under and over are completely out. I just want to know what's wrong with it and easy/cheap solutions like lowes/home depot/walmart there are no hydro stores close by.

Here are some pics of the leaves, stems, and the whole plant. PLEASE HELP!