PLEASE HELP! First time grower! Should I start flowering??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sotle, May 3, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I am growing for the very first time and I have four plants that are under 6700K CFL bulbs. I currently am running them on a 20/4 light schedule but I I'm not sure when I should switch them to 12/12!! I'm attaching pictures so if you could look at them and let me know what you think, that would be AMAZING!! They're all about 8 inches tall so I think I might still have a little ways to go, but if you could let me know what I should be looking for and at what point I should know to switch them? Also, ALL I have to do is switch the lighting to 12/12 and the bud will start to grow, correct??

PS- The leaves are kind of brown because I went away for a weekend and watered them too much so I got fungus gnats and had to put cinammon on the plants/soil to kill the bugs.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

2. i say ... were alrite, yea yea, we gonna get it, when we live it..

............... it's a liberty walk. walk. sayin good bye too the people who tied you up

3. Well, that doesn't help much lol...... Does anybody have any real advice? Also, I forgot to attach the pictures earlier so here they are..

Attached Files:

4. ou want to try to fic those deficiencies before you start flowering.

how old is the second/last plant (im guessing they r the same?) plant, 3-4 weeks?

I'de say that's still got at least 2 or 3 more weeks of veg IMO

5. Hi..

A lot depends on how much room you have. A flowered plant will be 2 to 3 times taller when it is finished. I have enough height in my grow room so I veg to about 18 to 24 inches. Yes.. 12/12 will put your plant into flower. Make sure that you do not have any light leaks during 'night'. The stickies have lots of great information regarding flowering.

Good Luck!

6. Awesome!! Thanks so much :) this was very helpful

7. What deficiencies do you notice and how should I fix them?? Thank you so so so much!! :)

8. You're plants are looking great for a first time grow. Don't get too caught up looking for deficiencies just yet.

9. that's plants def mature enough to flower..

10. @RetarrrdedTexas and @Gummby

Thanks so much for your advice!! I think I'll give it about a week or two and then start flowering!! :) SOOOOOOOOO exciting!

11. when you flower, i'd switch the lights over to 2700K, give it a 3:1 ratio, so if you have 4 lights, 3 2700k, 1 6500k

12. Oh really?? Okay, I accidentally bought 2 of those before I got the 6500K lights so that's good, but I thought that the 6500K ones were supposed to imitate sunlight. Shouldn't I have the plants as close to exposed to sunlight as possible?? Thanks, I had no idea!

13. welll 6500K is meant for vegging and 2700K is for flowering. They are both imitating the sun from what I've read. :)

14. Very welcome , keep us posted!

15. Okay, thank you!! I'll go get 2700K bulbs then!

16. yeah 6500 is daylight, so basically imitating the summer solstice when the sun is closer to the earth, 2700K is soft light, imitating the fall season coming, when the sun starts to get farther away (tech the Earth is the one revolving, moving closer, but you get the point) so that's when MJ in nature says "oh shit, winter is coming, i need to flower!" so that's why you would switch to 12/12, FORCING it into bud:)

17. Omg what a good answer lol, totally makes sense!! Thanks so so much!