Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Please help! Did I just buy decarbed weed?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DrGonzz420, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought an ounce of legal weed from a rec shop, it's got the worst smell of any marijuana I have ever encountered. It smells like ammonia/sharpie/spray paint. It's extremely dark green, looks awful. It say's on the back "28 grams, Reefer (brand name) Shake and Bake - Bubbleberry - 28 grams". Shake and bake? Does that mean it's been decarbed? It smells so bad I am scared to smoke it and think maybe something went wrong in the production process. It smells as if I'm sniffing a sharpie directly.

2. I will upload pics in a second.

3. Most times after a decarb the flower/trim is on the browner side....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. @DrGonzz420
    Decarbed weed usually smells more like freshly roasted coffee then anything else.. At least all mine has for the last several years.. Never smells like a sharpie-spray paint..
    As to smoking it god knows I've smoked some really questionable crap over the years including weed that was so molded it was more mold then weed I suspect.. Didn't die or even get sick so take your best shot.. Might consider cooking with it as that's a far less intrusive method if it's contaminated.. The digestive tract can handle many times the load of questionable things in the material then smoking it directly can cause..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. dont they have it on display i mean you can smell and chek it out before u buy? its a shop right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. At the weed stores I go too, all of the weed comes in sealed glass jars/sealed plastic bags. You can't open up the bags to smell it. Maybe at dispensaries with open jars where they can just take the lid off, but Washington State no longer has dispensaries, only rec shops.

7. the weed

Attached Files:

8. I couldn't figure out how to upload the image lol. It's kind of strange the attach image option isn't next to where you link stuff. Like in 99% of websites ever designed.

9. That looks like the grass picked out of cow shit.

• Like Like x 3
  10. It came in a sealed packaged from a rec shop, and is apparently 20% THC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah, I would be careful with that. It almost looks synthetic. Synthetic they ground up to a fine grind.

12. Ya what the hell. If i went to a "rec shop" id at least expect to get whole flowers. Looks like trim, to me sealed in a bag. Id be mad if i paid fir that. How much did that cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looks like a bag of leaf shake from here and no way that's 20% anything except Bullshit maybe..
    Dump it out and get us a better picture.. Weight and cost will help too..
    I know some dispensaries offer floor sweepings like that but it's usually in a huge sack for next to nothing for blasters to run butane through..
    Damn and I've been throwing all that leaf away all these years.. LMAO
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
  14. O
    Once again, this isn't dispensary. It's rec weed. It's not grown in some small warehouse, usually on massive farms with hundreds of plants. It's commercial weed, like the alcohol of weed. Comes in a sealed plastic bag, with the brands name, the farm that grew the weed, how much it weighs, what it's THC percentage is, what the strain is, when it was harvested, all of that. It's definitely not just some sweepings from a dispensary. Upon reviewing the bag, I learned this weed will turn 1 year old in September. Which could explain it's really bad smell, and how dry it is.

15. #17 mandoluce, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    I'm also in WA state, sometimes they will sell trim or low grade like this in the stores, (I don't buy it but have seen it) how much did you pay for it? That will say a lot about the quality.

16. That looks horrible. I hope you didn't pay much at all for that. Next time stick with bud.

17. Lol that came from a rec shop in a so called legal state. Fuck bro I'll stick to my illegal state homegrown greens. Weed can easily make a year stored properly. That shit is ground up trimmings.

18. The weed doesn't look that bad (probably mids), could just be sprayed with a flavouring e.g blueberry, a bit like how you get flavoured tobacco. Of so that's why you are getting the chemical smell.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.