PLEASE HELP! Cotyledon seems to be rotting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rams, Apr 29, 2018.

1. hi all,
    I’m still pretty new growing!
    1 harvest under my belt and happy with the result.
    This time round I got Bubba Kush seeds no problem germing them.
    2 days after transplanting sprout to soil my cotyledon turned a different colour and looks burnt.
    I’m using canna terra professional soil with extra perlite mixed in and a touch of worm castings.
    Got 4 24watt cfl bulbs for the seedling and beginning of veg phase.
    Got a small homemade humidity done for the seedlings.
    All of them are doing fine except this one.
    Please help

Attached Files:

2. Soil looks pretty wet and probably too hot for many seedlings strains..
    Had that happen when I tried FF Ocean Forest and switched to plain ole "generic potting soil"..Much better now.
    It only happened with certain seedlings and the rest were fine..I asked my grow shop about it and they said that many commercial growers go from seed to harvest with the same stuff..go figure..

3. It is a little wet but but mainly humid. The soil is warm but all in honestly that’s because I keep a humidity dome over them until they get a bit bigger. I think the humidity dome is stopping the soil from drying up completely.
    Believe it or not the soil is actually a tad dry now and I took that photo about an hour ago.

4. I always remove the dome after the seedling pops! Otherwise you also risk damping off and or mold..
    It works well here (I read about this and it seemed logical)..It is easy for me since I am retired and have plenty of time to watch and act accordingly..Hope this helps..mean time, hopefully with one undamaged starter leaf, the seedling will survive (actually a decent early stress test too)
    I use Canna Terra Nutes, but never tried their soil (pricey here)..The FF stuff is good, but at this time of yr..Gnats are always in the bags..

In fact, I just am finishing a test of Megacrop 1 part nutes with great results..As soon as my Canna stuff runs out..gonna switch for good..Much cheaper and at least as good imo.
    last week: 100% flowered with Megacrop..(get your free sample from them..free is good..LOL)
    4-21-18.JPG

5. Wow that your medicine looks incredible!
    The other cotyledon is start to do the same thing!
    I have no idea why. It looks light burn but that can be

• Like Like x 1
  6. BTW: when I said HOT..I meant the soil has its own ferts good for about 30 days and might burn a seedling..
    Hot medium temps are not good for roots now that you mention it..;)I also started using rockwool cubes instead of going straight to soil..no problems for me this way.

7. What lights are they under?
    I never put a seedling under my high power leds (HLG QB 132's in 3500k)..
    Just using CFLs until they grow a bit.

8. Might have to give it a go.
    I don’t think it’s hot because it doesn’t mention anything about slow release feeding.
    I’m going to take the dome off and see how I go I guess.

9. Yeah I have got them under 4 24 watt cfl bulbs.
    Going to switch to my viparspectra 400w in the early veg phase but I honestly don’t think I’m going to make it til then! Haha

10. Time out..I did not say TIME RELEASE..FF stuff never had any time release..the soils in order of Heat are
    Light Warrior (least stuff)
    Happy Frog Mycos and a lil ferts
    Ocean Forest..HOT stuff but good stuff for vegging and flowering too.
    Some newer ones are Strawberry Fields (coco based) and Salamander something..I am gonna give the Strawberry Fields a try next..I get the FF soils for $12 per bag here..:)

11. And now for lighting..
    the 400 Vipar might pull 185-200 actual watts from the wall? My now sold Meizhi 450 pulled 195w from the wall.
    (a Kill O Watt meter is a great $20 investment imo)