Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Please Help Cancer Patient Questions about CBD OIL

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by DirtyB, Oct 2, 2013.

1. I'm in the position to heal a cancer patient that I know very well and recently started believing in the miracles of CBD oil.

I can make some rick simpson oil easily, but I have a few questions.

Like most people, I get high THC low CBD bud, what does this mean, does this mean my oil will technically be harnessing the THC medicinal effects at a greater ratio than CBD effects?

Can I use 91% ISO alcohol?

It includes THC as well, so will this be a topically active THC AND CBD product? Meaning patient can feel a small buzz?

Please help.

2. Ok, I'm no expert but I can give you some guidance.

Typically for curing cancer one consumes (eats) 1 gram of oil daily, made from buds and heat activated (use the RSO video but don't use Naphtha, use Everclear).  This will get the patient "high" so many people work up to 1 gram, starting with rice sized grains once, then multiple times through the day.  Using whatever bud you have is fine, an Indica is what you want, but anything is better than nothing.

As for solvent, you COULD use ISO, but you SHOULD use Everclear (190+ proof grain alcohol).  

Consider this, you're making medicine, you're an amateur, and even though all contaminants should be purged from the oil (hence why Naphtha is theoretically safe), wouldn't you feel safer knowing that your solvent isn't poison?  So just in case, it's only alcohol...

That's not to say it isn't still dangerous, Everclear is extremely flammable, so process outside!

3. so cbd is just thc heated to a certain point that it creates another compound inside itself?

4. I don't know anything about oil, but I do know that CBD is another compound like THC, it just doesn't get you high and the medicinal properties are a lot greater. It's more for the person that wants to relieve pain or have a healthy heart or, fighting cancer. I think you'd like a strain with, depending on how high the patient would wish to get, THC and high amounts of CBD. But then again, I know nothing about its use in cancer treatment.

It's, Friday mornin, where the weed at?

5. No, CBD is one of the hundreds of the cannabinoids present in cannabis, usually the 2nd in total composition, and has effects that synergize with THC, especially for medicinal use.

6. can you seperate cbd from thc? or is it not worth ot?

7. Not worth it u want a very high cbd bud like 12% and zero thx for rick simspon oil be careful follow instructions. Thc is wat gets u high cbd is a pain and zero high is cbd helps everything prevents seizures in people as for cancer cbd makes the cancer cells go crazy ans usually reverts all them back to eating each other

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Not true, RSO has THC in it. That's why Rick recommends such a gradual dose increase until you can tolerate ingesting a gram per day. THC has been shown to be effective in many treatments. THC has been shown to cause apoptosis of cancer cells (i.e. the cancer cells died). 

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/06/marijuana-fights-cancer-and-helps-manage-side-effects-researchers-find.html

9. From wat I heard cancer cells dont die roffl they revert meaning the eat away at each other cuz cbd and thc confuse them yes ur correct was yella baked when I was typing haha

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it doesn't seem like you know enough about this to be giving out advice. Cell death is the definition of apoptosis. 

11. U know cancer is hereditary in everyone right

12. Also I was seeing if I was learning something new I didnt know so. To ve polite and correct me is fine inform me of it and explain mate stoners out of cali or not even in emerald triangle are very rude

Dude, a thread where someone is asking for help with a cancer patient is not the place to see if you "were learning something new". If you have accurate info to offer I'm sure they would appreciate it. So far though, your information is all inaccurate. 

As for the rest of your post I don;t know what CA or the emerald triangle has to do with any of this.

If you actually read and understood the article I'm not sure how you could think that. From the article:

"An in vitro study of the effect of CBD on programmed cell death in breast cancer cell lines found that CBD induced programmed cell death, independent of the CB1, CB2, or vanilloid receptors. CBD inhibited the survival of both estrogen receptor–positive and estrogen receptor–negative breast cancer cell lines, inducing apoptosis in a concentration-dependent manner while having little effect on nontumorigenic, mammary cells..."

"CBD has also been demonstrated to exert a chemopreventive effect in a mouse model of colon cancer.[19] In the experimental system, azoxymethane increased premalignant and malignant lesions in the mouse colon. Animals treated with azoxymethane and CBD concurrently were protected from developing premalignant and malignant lesions. In in vitro experiments involving colorectal cancer cell lines, the investigators found that CBD protected DNA from oxidative damage, increased endocannabinoid levels, and reduced cell proliferation."

"In an in vivo model using severe combined immunodeficient mice, subcutaneous tumors were generated by inoculating the animals with cells from human non-small cell lung carcinoma cell lines {That's the type of 90% of lung cancer since you didn't know}.[20] Tumor growth was inhibited by 60% in THC-treated mice compared with vehicle-treated control mice. Tumor specimens revealed that THC had antiangiogenic and antiproliferative effects. However, research with immunocompetent murine tumor models has demonstrated immunosuppression and enhanced tumor growth in mice treated with THC."

I don't think we really need to go on.

15. Yes sir good job lol

16. Certain strains of cannabis contain more CBD% than THC% one I'm familiar with is called Harely tsu and this is found through testing the cannabis in labs but you can find the statistics of any strain online pretty much. Find the ones that have more CBD than THC and extract the bud into oil. You can find many tutorials on YouTube just exercise safety and common sense lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. You want an Indica for cancer treatment. Actually any illness responds better to the Indicas primarily because of the higher CBD to THC ratio. And the sedative effect.
    There's a new study just out of Britain confirming the efficacy of cannabis to inhibit and cause "apoptosis" to cancer cells. It found that there's a "synergy" when using all of the plant. I believe it was CBN they were trying to isolate. They found that even though it was effective alone it was much more so when left in "whole" plant solution.
    The biggest factor in healing is rest. I just began putting together a plan for a friend with prostate cancer. It'll be all Indica. Like  Major said,

That's right on. The build up is the hardest part and the most critical. The need to get as much medicine in as quickly as possible is imperitive! But those of us who take it know, this stuff kicks your ass! At just a teeny tiny rice size grain the first few times is a hit!  You have to remind yourself that it won't kill you so relax and roll with it   :smoking: I cannot imagine 1 gram every one or two days. :eek:
    There's two threads I follow on GC, BadkittySmiles, and PyschedelicSam. Both have produced excellent results for me. I've been using and making the oils now for 10 months for a non-cancer treatment. There's just a ton of information and good help on both so do yourself a favor and go visit.
    good luck
    H