please help! bending during flowering

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by skywlkr, May 9, 2011.

1. i have 2 Cali orange x deep chunks, and one blueberry ak47 that are out growing everything else in my grow room. the blueberry has been flowering for about 10 days. and the Cali x dc has been flowering for about 2 and a half weeks. it just dawned upon me that I can bend my main stem to lower them. this is my first grow. so to say the least I'm scared to snap a stem. can anyone just give me some pointers. what to use, and just some info. I was either thinking of getting one of those bamboo looking stakes and tieing plant to that, or I heard people talking about using those twist ties from bread bags, how would you use that? tie the branch to the stem or something? just nervous to mess plants up.

2. if you pinch the stem, it will bend (supercrop actually) instead of snap, but you will need some way to support it later in flower, cause it might not heal back up enough to support the weight of the buds

i sometimes use a twist tie around the stem, then fishing line down to the edge of the pot, just make sure to bend her over slowly and gently, you can find free twisty ties in groceries store's produce sections btw

3. You don't find if you tie them stem. Is there a problem with the stem growing. Or a branch that you tied down?