Please Help! All new growth twisting and tacoing. Too much light maybe? [PICS]

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Newbzb_22, Apr 23, 2019.

1. 21D63F07-ACA9-4CDA-82E3-B3F6A19A1D07.jpeg FED9A045-4CF2-4377-B2E1-4AB1C1688E78.jpeg 2AD97374-82A1-41AA-BD96-0AA44F835EC5.jpeg 86FD20A9-2C36-4AB2-9460-D9622EB48BA7.jpeg 19128563-5010-4C70-89CA-B43504D2BFC9.jpeg 04DB7E5A-8C4A-459C-B11C-98F59D941159.jpeg sitting at around 73-75 degrees 45-60% humidity light is about 24” above plants. Only one of the three is doing it but they are 3 different strains. Watered 3 days ago with nutrients (nectar for the gods).

Setup: GG 2x2.5x7 tent
    Qb288 v2 x2 HLG on 260w dimmable driver
    Carbon filter with fan for external exhaust
    In 7 gallon smart pots fox farm soil with added perlite for drainage

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Looks to be some form of heat/light stress. It may be genetics that this strain is more sensitive to light than the others. Are you watering her enough? Do you have a fan hitting her directly? If so, you may want to point the fan towards the wall. You could try raising the lights a few inches and see how she reacts by the end of the day. If all that doesn't help, try looking up iron and magnesium deficiency and see if your plant is experiencing their symptoms.

3. Looks like rapid growth to me, perhaps nutes are a bit lite for the amount of growth its doing. Check pH first, also check the runoff.

I dont think it would be light stress I put smaller plants under 600w HPS without problems, closer than 24" too.

4. Indeed it's rapid growth, those bubbles are actually the leaf cell's in over drive. The plant can't keep up with the growth rate, in essence it's to much love. Lol..

The factors in play are lot's of "N" either in the soil, too much "N" in your fertiliser or Both. As i can see your new leaf tip's are starting to burn, yellowing...

Also the lighting play's a part too, helping the photosynthesis in the leaf cells developed at a more quicker rate.

Solution = Back off the Nitrogen:)
    Ps, yes there is a bit of light/heat stress as explained above.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. I cant see any tip burn, what so ever. The tips are growing so fast that they cant fill them with nitrogen quick enough.

IMO it's far from a problem, those plants look great, bit hungry if anything. If there was too much N wouldn't the lower leaves be dark green.

OP, you can pobably sort this. What nute's are you using and how much? Do you measure pH, EC or ppm? Do you water to runoff and ensure some goes to waste?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Dont be a dick mate, Piss off with your disagree. X

7. #7 Digger, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Then you haven't grown enough to know the difference mate!! How can it be deprived of nutes if its in rapid growth.

It's a bloody excess of nute's!!

8. If ya say so, you seem pretty confident LOL .

BTW I disagree'd because I disagreed, no offence intended. Also, I still disagree with your post.

Sorry OP, too many "dicks" on your thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Grown it & seen it. How about you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Grown weed, no never, I just give advice about this shit because ............. Who know's

In reality, I managed a grow shop for about 7 years and currently pull >1g/w in a really shitty environment for weed.
    EABFD

• Like Like x 1
  11. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    So after dropping the light intensity for a day, changing the mini fan to blow above the plants but below the light cooling the canopy level. Changed the intake so it wasn’t blowing so heavily on the plant that was having the problems and this is what they look like today.... I think maybe the growth after adding nutrients was so rapid it almost couldn’t keep up and maybe it is a lack of nutrients but as soon as the light intensity was lowered everything started looking good!

12. I can see a tiny bit of tip burn aswell. Nothing bad tho it's a good tip burn. Nothing that affects plant growth significantly at all. It's just slightly yellowing at the tips of some leaflets, not all, and it's a good indicator to measure how much your plants can take in regards to nutrients. Now that you have achieved that, keep the PPM's level, I had an Acapulco doing the same thing however she is big and beautiful now and is no longer canoeing. For me It seemed to be more of just something it just had to go through since nothing has changed in my grow and ot has recovered however none of my other strains did it. All in all though, they look great my friend. Keep up the good gardening.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Did u watch the nectar vids in yt? Do u have a ppm meter and a pH meter?
    If so do this it's called a slurry test
    So I was showing u a slurry test. U take a little like 2oz Tupperware and u take some dirt from plant and u take the same amount if distilled water. Put in cup stir and stick both meters in there that will give u true pH and ppm. So u do this when soil is ready for water/feed. 350 or under I feed over I water and put a cap of slf100 in the water if that was supplied

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  14. So nectar is a light feed. Some plants after doing slurry u may feed 3 times in a row before u water or say slf100 mammoth water/tea

• Like Like x 1
  15. So how do you recommend using tea in addition to nectar spartan regiment? I have a calmag bottle as well. Is that fine to use on top of the nectar spartan nutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I use slf 100 Mammoth p and silica as a form of tea! I feed them enough through the nectar

17. I am using the same. U won't need Cal mag! Calcium based nutes! Say goodbye to all those spots lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. I made a switch to Biobizz and wow am I impressed. Have you ever used the line before?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum