Please help / advise first grow (AK-47)...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by rusticbud, May 11, 2013.

1. Hello everyone, after reading all i can on my situation i thought it would be a good idea to get some pictures up and see what your opinions are.

My first post and grow so go easy i know your gonna be thinking what the hells this man doing!? haha

Im now in the 5th week of flowering for a week or so ive noticed discolouring of fan leaves and can diagnos what exactlys wrong. Ive always been feeding everyday up to now, mixing the feed in a 100 litre tank with water as instructed on the bottles. Ive since flushed them out with water that i left to stand for a day and diluted the feed with 50% water before giving it to them.

Whats concerning me the most is that my buds grew well up to a point but have since seemed to stop growing whats there has brown hairs on it but id really like them more dense i dont know if its a case of this is all im going to get or are the plants obviously trying to tell me something?

I really need put back on track here

Im growing in soil (bat special) and using ionic soil bloom feed mixed at 7ml per litre with dutch pro explode 1ml per litre

im growing in a tent with a cold air intake and exhaust fan with filter.

lights are 600 watt hps cool tubes and i have 4, 1 in each quarter of the tent.

ive always feed every day as each time soil is always dry and they take it no problem i give them all the same probs between 500ml and a litre per day.

im 5 weeks into 12/12 cycle which has never been disturbed.

My only other observation when watering is a few flys around the bottoms of some plants thought it would be best to mention that

Oh i maybe should also mention i have just let the plants grow naturally and have not trimmed or manipulated them in anyway other then to remove dead leaves.

Here are some pictures :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. To much N... nute burn, and no PH run-off info supplied which make diagnosis iffy and non-resolute.

3. I dont know the PH ive been told off a friend that the water is good round here and the soil acts as a buffer so not to worry about it?...

So too much N i need to just be feeding them water until they start perking up and looking lighter green is that right?

Nute burn are you saying they a lacking something as well as having too much N? Any ideas what they are lacking?

4. Whoever told you that must have little to no experience at all... yes, the soil acts as a buffer, but only so far. Experienced and seasoned growers than have a complete organic medium with organic nutrients are the only one's than need not worry with PH... if you or anyone else adds salts to your medium, PH monitoring is required or they will be like you, here asking for advice, so be ready to monitor PH in the future.

Notice how deep dark green your plants are? Indicative of N toxicity, so lay off the N, and if you're close to chop, cut it out completely and allow your girls to use what's stored in their system. Would be a good idea to flush also.

5. Ok im going to get a ph meter hopefully today and test the water before and after adding feed to see whats going on with it and for peace of mind.

Now im using ionic bloom and its npk is apparently 4-5-8

How do i lay off the N but still give them P and K? or do you just mean feed them water for x amount of days and then start giving them it weaker.

A couple of weeks ago i made the mistake of thinking more is better with the feed so thats proberbly where it started but how do i get them as they should be?

Also is there a way of making the buds grow better then they are they seem to have been the same for weeks?

I feel like cutting it down and starting again

6. Your plants look amazingly good really and I'm a bit surprised you made it this far with them looking that good. You're worrying to much, the Buds look tasty and they're have potency. If your growing Indicas and not Sativas you'll be a few weeks till chop... I'd cut out all nutes at least two to three weeks before chop and allow the plants to use the stored nutes... you'll began to notice yellowing of the leaves, then when your ready to chop, load those girls up with as much water as possible, cut the lights off and let them set in the dark for 36 hrs, then chop.

7. Sorry, I just noticed you said AK47.

8. Are you in the States?

9. So from what you have said im assuming you dont think they are going to flower any more, and theres nothing i can do to get anything more out of them? I should just flush and feed water from now on.

10. No im in the uk mate, been told they are ak47 i grew them from cuttings

11. Seems like AK47 have about 10 weeks for flowering if I'm correct? If your could get your hands on a bottle of MG Cactus 2/7/7 you could lay off all nutes for a week or so then feed the Cactus at a cap full per gallon of water... if you can find a nute with less N, maybe you could could find a 0/10/10 bonsai fert and cut it in half... if not, then cut your nute regimen your using now back to 25% and cut it all out two weeks before chop. You'll get plenty more out of your girls, they bulk up a lot the last two weeks before chop. Hang in there UK Bud and lessen the nutes.

12. I'll look into that thanks alot :)

13. Your very welcome UK Bud.