Please help 1st grow puny plants!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jbaby, Oct 22, 2011.

1. My plants are 3 weeks old and by looking at other ppl photos they look like they are 3 days old literally....so please help I am going to start a new batch and I obviously can't do the same thing again...

oh yeah...dont crucify me but i only have ONE CFL (limited $$means$$)
    :( smh
    i know

but they are in good soil....DO I NEED FERTILIZER???
    i water every 2 days with my baby water.....RIGHT WATER???
    oh i am doing 24 light to veg......IS 18 BETR???

super sad bcuz these are my babies and im thinking about budding their puny asses for the hell of it!

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is how they looked @ 1 week though:

[​IMG]

2. Move the light much closer. They are stretching because they want to get closer to the light.

3. They would be better off in natural sunlight if possible. The poor things are starving for light. They should of been started on nutes when they got their 3rd set of true leaves.

4. jbaby, ok.

We all started somewhere once.

Ok where to start.

Light: The light spectrum goes from 1500K to 8000K , 4000K and under is good for flowering (getting buds) 4500K and up is good for vegging (growing the plants). So if you use CFLS, make sure they are 4500K and up, it will say on the box. For example let say you buy them from walmart. T5 floros are amazing to have as well. I dont know where you live so i cant help in that way. like where to buy. Make sure at least 1 bulb per plant and make them close, 5 inches or so, depending on the bulbs and how many, ect. They will strech if they are to far away.

Soil: Pro-Mix Ph - or Pro-Mix Hp - Sunshine mix #4

Promix can be baught at rona and sunshine mix any hydro store.

Water: Only when the top 3 or so inches are dry, if you over water, plants are dead. Good to use distiled water, i buy the 4L jugs from grocey store. like ,69 cents. Can do a whole grow for $50 I have 13 plants going.

Light: 24 hours until you see leafs and plant is on its way, then 18 on and 6 off. a timer is good to help, $10 or so. then to flower is 12 on 12 off. But you are not even close yet.

Hope this help.

Happy Growing.

5. I put them outside in light during peak hours of the day every so often so they get fresh air (limited grow space) since its getting cold here (atl) im not doing it as often.

my bf wrks @ lowes so Im going to get the "correct" vegging lights TODAY plus a splitter and use 4 or 6 (depending on budget) and sum shultz 10-15-10 plant food (i read it somewhere today)

I have a timer already so i will put them on 18/6

THANX THANX THANX!!!

*emotionally attached to my premeeies* *wiping tears away*

6. ALSO....

I FORGOT MY QUESTION.....

oh yeah HOW CAN I GET MY STEMS TO BE THICKER???
    from wat i read thicker is better than longer

(bad humor)
    *looks @ plants and stops laughing*

7. make sure they have a breeze on them

8. lmao, your welcome.

Thicker and speaking about plants here, they will do it by them selfs. You have to start right and keep lights close so they grow and as they grow you move them up, but if you start the light far up they will just strech, it may cause problems down the road.

Yes a "Y" adapter are great.

9. [quote name='"jbaby"']ALSO....

I FORGOT MY QUESTION.....

oh yeah HOW CAN I GET MY STEMS TO BE THICKER???
    from wat i read thicker is better than longer

(bad humor)
    *looks @ plants and stops laughing*[/quote]

You want tight nodes. CFL's need to be relatively close to the foliage for the most benefit. I'm talking 2-3 inches away from the bulb.

Grow a shorter, tighter noded plant, and your stem should thicken up.

Best of luck

10. HERE IS MY BABIES HOME...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. #12 Thatguythatgrows, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
    what kind of bulb is that? hot hot in there? what soil? they need a fan. looks kinda like you are over watering them as well. they need drainage holes. just cut small slits in the bottom of those cups and don't water until the top inch or 2 of the soil is dry.

12. You have a problem

The light needs to be ABOVE the plants. Not beside !

13. Also, you will need a lot more than one light for that amount of plants. That one light you have is'nt even nearly enough to sustain a single plant through flowering. Not saying it couldn't be done but you would prob grow a joint per plant.

14. A CFL i bought and did not pay attn to thw lumens, watts, or whether it was daylight or softwhite, but im buying some today.

EXPERT GARDENER potting soil (gift frm mom) that feeds plants...the label says it has extremely small amounts of P K & N

and the type of lamp i bought wont allow me to lift it up further so i guess we will be moving today as well

AND ITS KINDA ROOM TEMP/COOL DEPENDING ON THE TIME OF DAY AND IF I HAVE MY HEAT ON...atl temps r about 50 - 30f nowadays

AND its 4 slits in the bottom of each cup...they leak everytime i water

15. lmao @ a joint per plant!!! im getn sum more...ive been chastised already for my lonely unknown cfl

16. sounds like you are doing a good job except for that soil maybe. you should look into some fox farm. they are getting nutes that they don't want right now. keep the temp around 75 or so and get a fan on them. they do need that light above and about 3 inches away. get the soft white bulbs. they are great for veg. good luck.

17. relocated

[​IMG]

18. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1