Please...for the love of god..help me.

Discussion in 'General' started by GanjTim, May 7, 2010.

1. I am completely freaking out. I am almost positive I am suffering from depersonalization. I've felt this way for months. it is extremely powerful right now though. I am honestly petrified. I feel as if I am living in a dream. I feel like a puppet being controlled by a thought. I'm even having thoughts of suicide. I'm scared and don't know what to do.

2. Chill out and smoke a bowl? Realize you are the thought and not the body. Your the pimp not the bitch.

3. I think it might be something to do with a dependence on weed, cus I smoke all the time, and when i smoke, i don't feel like this. I feel happy and awesome when I smoke, but when im sober i feel like..well..this.

4. Woah man sounds pretty serious. I really hope your not considering suicide, because in the end that will help no one. You have to climb out of this hole, maybe ask for professional help. Ask a close friend, smoke a bowl, do something. Finding a passion/hobby will help keep your mind occupied. I wish you the best man, I reall do.

5. I feel disconnected from the real world.
    I can't even remember the last time I felt normal.

6. Thanks....this is terrible. I feel like I can't live my life like this.

7. Deep, slow breaths man. You're just feeding the fire by thinking all of these negative thoughts. Slow down, remind yourself that its all in your head, and move on from there. If you set your thought-pattern up for negativity, the rest of your actions and emotions will follow suit. I think Bobby McFerrin said it best- "Don't worry, be happy."

8. I understand its all in my head, but its in my head ALL the time and I just can't take it.

9. I used to feel the same way when I first began smoking a lot.

I would start by taking a break from smoking. Clear your mind...hiking always helps me.

10. I think you should talk to a professional about this.....we can't really do much over the internet for you but be support. Best of luck.

11. It's only all in your head always, because it just feeds off of your negative thoughts. Trust me, i used to have BADDD anxiety/near depersonalization until i learned to face the fear. I pretty much said "fuck it, let it come" and it began to subside slowly. Nowadays, if i ever am faced with a high-anxiety situation or anything, i just set myself up with that same positive thought pattern, and move on. I don't know. I'm just trying to help, it can be hell man.

12. Me and you, both.

As much as I wanna kill myself, I will NOT just to contradict it.

It's complicated for me as well, but I am in agony myself.

But hey, it's just life. That's the way I look at it. Just plow through...

13. Its cool dude. I barely have interactions with people, I honestly believe people stay together for way too much of their time because they are afraid the rest of the world is full of serial killers that will kill them instantly if they stop talking to their friends.

Friends is one letter away from fiends dude, fuck 'em. I walked past this old dude today and it was like I read his mind, we synched up with this one idea that after you die your effect on the world ends, and thats what people think about so often when trying to fathom death.

14. Anyone else worried about OP? :(

15. i know what you are going through, i went through serious depersonalization for a good 4 months last year and thought that i would be that way forever

given that that was after way too much robotripping, but it definately happened to me, and it sucked, i felt completely disconnected from everything, it was like my life was a movie that i was watching inside my head, i dont really know how to describe it

it took me a lot of meditation and mushroom trips with great friends to get out of it, i had to re evaluate my whole life and my perception of it

playing guitar, writing lyrics and poems about how i felt all helped immensely, it was a great outlet

i would recommend meditating, finding a hobby that gets your mind off it, if you have good friendly people to be with you and keep you in a good state of mind maybe any entheogen may help. if that doesnt work, maybe therapy? i never went to therapy but i heard it helps to talk about your problems and try to figure out where they are coming from

i got through it, you can too, even if it seems like you never will

i really hope you get better!

16. Okay..now I'm blazed and life is just so much more bearable...I figured the best way to fight it and confront it would be how i handle all my other problems; with the help of mary jane. and damn is she a good woman. I don't even remember it anymore. I actually laugh at the thought of it. Bitch ass feelings. gtfo.

17. My new dealer I just met sunday while stoned, just called me and asked me how I liked the shit, how i've been doing, and if I need some more.
    <3

18. haha you tell those feelings whose boss, just try to stay in that mindset even when youre sober, youll be good to go

19. Thanks alot for your help man. Great to see how incredible the grasscity group is.

20. Well thank fuck you came back to post, had me worried. Glad you're feeling better now.