Please explain LED cooling ...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SamOhio, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Have you checked Amazon? EBay? You can get 14w panels for $30

Sent from my LG-P659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I've checked but didn't think have the knowhow to build a large fixture out of panels. My main concern would be safety. Anyhow with the midsized (400w) LEDs ordered I'm now thinking of adding a 200w veg only setup I can attend to much more easily …

Bought I think a 32x32x60 tent five years ago and laid it sideways in the crawl space part of this attic, used it for about a year raising clones. Tore it out about 09 n forgot about it and there it was, rolled up in a ball covered in dust. Carried the whole thing down (3 rung, pull down folding ladder to this space), cleaned it, set it up in basement. Presto, safer space for experiments! First time I've ever seen it standing. It's very weak. I've got plenty of shelving material I can cut to reinforce the whole thing.

So … maybe build a 200w unit now? Couldn't do attic only want top line equipment there. Tent will be mothers (2) and clone only, raising them to maybe 12 inches.

I'll go back now and find the one link I disregarded in my search for flowering power. It shocked me. Something California medicinal, top 7 grow lights rated, but they were ALL small(?) and I was looking big. I'll just state my shock … did I see a LED replacement the size of a regular 4' T5 tube … for TWELVE hundred dollars?

Btw just noticed the DIY forum next door. I just use rockwool but I'll check out that aspect of LEDs next.

3. Ordered MARS 400 off ebay for $209. I'm in business.