Please don't laugh

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by ItalRas, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Okay guys I can germinate well, been practicing that, now I want to try a small bubbler. I found these things around the house.

the dish is 10X10X10 inches
    thats a tin foil container for the cover
    and the cup is a used yorgut cup 2 inches
    I have some seeds germinating 1 lowrydr and 1 jamaican lambs breath(sativa)
    Who ever cracks first goes in my test setup
    my pump should get her tomorrow if my friend remembers to bring it
    one 45w cfl for the moment and at some point it time I'll add a screen for Scrog
    please feed back and advice welcomed

I plan to go all out soon. Just want to make as much mistakes with this first

Attached Files:

2. snikker , teehee..

DierWolf slaps his hand over his mouth and runs out the room.

3. "silly Dier"...
    Ucovinero quickly follows suit...

4. ROFLMAO...

runs back out!

5. Here's mine...

Works great for water changes and has Auto-Nutes.

Attached Files:

6. ^^^ ROFLMAO!!!

For the orginal poster. You do realize that you need some sort of medium and holes in that yogurt container right (see also "Hydroton" & "net pot")?

Don't let these guys get you down. We all have to start somewhere. Although, IMHO, I think that you should call this the ghetto bubbler.

:)

Good Luck!

7. I just looked at your yogurt container. It does have some massive holes in it if I am looking at the picture correctly. How do you plan on keeping the seed in the container? Are you using rockwool?

8. Thanks for the snikers and the suggestion DierWolf...I'll give it some thought. But for now i only have 1 toilet, kinda hard growin and shittin at the same time *smile*
    MadReef, thanks I do have some massive holes in my "Ghetto Bubbler" I plan to use either cotton and some stones or my "ghetto cube" with stones to hold it in place. Now I said I had two seeds well they both cracked and one is showin its tail.
    Questions (would ask DierWolf but...) So MadReef
    1. How long can I leave them i thier respected germiation mediums?
    2. Do you think the "Ghetto cube" made of cotton and tape can support seedlin growth.
    3. Can I move them under light or leave them covered as they are

I also have some soil ready can put one there.

pic 1-3 is the cotton experiment just cracked I keep the humidty by covering it with a tea cup.
    pic 4 and 5 is the make shift rock wool cube (Ghetto Cube)with the tail.

Attached Files:

9. Hmmm. I have never tried to grow in cotton before. Maybe you can google it.

Don't let it germ too long. You don't want the tail to be too big before you put it into your medium.

Most people say not to put them into light until the break the surface, but I have never had a problem introducing light before that.

10. Dude,.......just fill that yogurt cup with some soil and go from there.

11. Crack thanks for your advice, but can I fill the up with soil and still bubble solution below?
    Come to think of it that might be better to use soil as the medium to hold my baby firm.
    MadReef I goolgle 6 pages deep only found germination in cotton, nuttin bout growin.
    Can you tell me if the tail looks like it going down. If I keep it moist and loosen it up a bit can it grow roots?
    Also I put one in soil the one that was only cracked and covered it with a shot glass.
    do my experiments make sense?
    stick with me guys

Attached Files:

12. HIGH All, welcome to The City ItalRas....my advice to you would be start in soil, you'll have more fun and when this little gaffer grows up and you get a Harvest...then try Hydro...trust me you'll be better O.F.F.F. learning how to grow a plant first in soil. Now find some soil and put those germed seeds in there.

13. HAHAHAH!

14. thanks Unoit, I'll put them in soil can kep you posted with the pics...
    what about that glass covering one? Take that away?

15. On the advice(and snikers) I have desided to try soil... I now have 2 flo 23w 1480 lumes and 20w maybe 1100 lumes (not sure). Past two days have been sunny and I keep them covered to maintain humidity.
    How do i know when i should transplant and whats the smallest size pot i can finish up in(5x5)?
    just two pics to add to my journal
    pic1 was cot
    pic2 ghetto wool
    ps lowryder never made it so i replaced with another jamaican skunk.

16. the pics

Attached Files:

17. I think Im typin to myself, but hey I already talk to myself so I guess it okay :)
    Here we are day 5 of my grosperiment(copyrited). I found a new guy buried under cotton girls' soil when I was borring some for the lowryder baby.
    Also got a submer pump gonna figure it out tomorrow and hopefully new lights tomorrow :)
    The pics

Attached Files:

18. No you are not talking to yourself. :)

Those last two pics look nice and healthy. Two thing I notice:

1) You should raise the soil level in your containers to get your babies closer to the light.

2) Make sure you have some drainage in those containers. If you can afford it, I would just go buy some real pots. They aren't that expensive.

Good Luck! Keep us posted.

19. Just a side note when they knocked the ghetto bubbler I re-thought the idea..
    Now its a ghetto flow
    Pics 123 Ghetto flow in action
    I found another baby in the soil.. Just full of surprises my babies are.

Attached Files:

20. Interesting. Never quite seen anything like it. I will be curious to see how it works out for you.

Good Luck.