Please do not vote for john mccain!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ziggyshugenadz, Aug 27, 2008.

1. im not voteing for mccain that mofo wants to start a draft fuck that i refuse to go to war for this country, if weed was legal i would be like sure ill fight for that, but no weed is illegal so fuck them, if i never get a letter in the mail saying i have to go to war, ill break my fucking legs, i already gave my dad full permission to break them.

fuck now i need a bowl :bongin: :smoking:

2. he does?

3. haha thanx man, but i'm not really republican, at least not a "bush republican". The only Rep i ever voted for was Bush Sr. I will not be voting for John McCain, nor Obama. Spreading lies and propaganda about either candidate doesn't get us anywhere though.
    Both parties have changed so much, both seem to be leaning more and more left and right respectively, and it scares the shit out of me.

4. The only person to propose starting the draft back up in recent history was Charles Rangel, DEMOCRAT NY.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/07/rangel.draft/

DODGING RANGEL'S DRAFT - New York Post

Get your facts straight! The democrats want the draft!

5. ya, he didnt say he was but he never answer his question when he was asked. i forgot where i read this at, but it makes sense he is a war crazy

6. His call to reinstate the draft is more of a political statement against the war than an actual plea for a draft. Read this quote...

"There's no question in my mind that this president and this administration would never have invaded Iraq, especially on the flimsy evidence that was presented to the Congress, if indeed we had a draft and members of Congress and the administration thought that their kids from their communities would be placed in harm's way."

He even voted against his own bill. He also included that those who were drafted could fulfill their service in non-military positions.

Don't spread sensationalist misinformation. As if ONE democrat is representative of the whole party to begin with.

7. Not spreading shit, he made a false statement that McCain wants to reinstate the draft, thats spreading sensationalist misinformation!

Why fuckin rangel proposed the draft resolution is none of my concern i just pointed out that he did it! That is NOT sensationalist misinformation!

Get your facts straight before you accuse me of spreading misinformation!

8. Well, yes on those terms I agree totally. War sometimes are necessary. Figuring out when is the difficult question, unless attacked naturally.

As such, the US have done a splendid job. Whenever attacked or declared war upon, the US won't take shit from anyone. Because then the populace is behind the effort, as well it should be.

The post WW2 adventures where the US have been the agressor on the other hand, not that great a success.

9. Dude, chill out, you sound like you're about to blow.

McCains views on the draft were brought up because when asked about it, he's sometimes given ambiguous answers. Do I personally think he would? No.

If you believe someone is making a false statement, respond to it accurately without throwing a hissy fit.

And yes, it is sensationalist misinformation because you're intentionally leaving out part of the story in order to make it agree with your argument.

Kind of like if your ex-girlfriend came to you and said "I have a baby and I've even taken a paternity test! I demand you pay child support!" You wouldn't care about the results of the paternity test?

10. LOL, No im ok, just kickin back with a fat ole blunt, anyways, i was just peeved because you accused me of misinformation but gave the other poster who stated McCain was for the draft a complete pass.

Hissy fit? WTF, LOL. OK mom. All i did was point out that he was wrong.

The part of the story i left out had nothing to do with the fact that there's no evidence that McCain introduced legislation calling for the draft but there was evidence that a DEMOCRAT introduced legislation calling for the draft, the reasons he had for it are of no interest to me.

11. If you were concerned with staying relevant to the discussion you would not have brought up Charles Rangle to begin with.

And if you're not interested in the reasons behind policy and politics, why are you even in the politics section of GC?

12. depends on your definition of success i guess. Having bases in 100++ countries would be considered successful by some.

13. I don't believe a successful country should require military bases on the land of other countries at all.

14. i agree, i was just pointing out that those with the agenda would consider it a success.

15. But does having bases, military outpost etc. on foreign land negate success?

16. Yes, to a large extent. How would you feel about a Chinese or British, or any other military base just outside of your home town?

A constant presence, no matter how large, says to the host country that you still want them under your thumb. Firstly, we have no right to do that. Secondly, it pisses people off.

17. Agreed. Republicans naturally don't want to listen to anything that could be considered "different". Tried and true, that's the republican way. Yeah well, you can't have tried and true when the world is changing too.

Time to get the rednecks out of office. :wave:

18. depends on what your goal is i guess. If your goal is to take over the world, then sure it's success.
    Personally i think you can still be a successful super power without having bases all over the world.

To me success is protecting the homeland against foreign attack, and helping out allies if provoked. All of which can be done without having bases in 130 countries.
    I'm a big "mind your own business" guy. If they don't bother us, then let them do their thing.

19. Seriously. What ever happened to common sense and treating other countries with respect? So Iran and Iraq have extremists, big whoop-de-fuckin-do. Look at the U.S. Look ANYWHERE in the US and it is almost certain you will find a crazy motherfucker right outside of your own house.