PLease Critque my grow plan Strawberry Cough and White Widow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kirbs, Jan 9, 2009.

1. #1 kirbs, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
    So this is my first grow; im doing it with two friends. I ordered strawberry cough and white widow on a winter sale ( i think i get 5 free seeds of afghan x Mazar too).

the plan is to start growing as soon as i get the seeds, start them off indoors (in solo cups), and after a month transplant them out side, so march. Im growing within a hundred feet of a lake in the deep south(like 180 miles from the gulf).

I was also considering growing them in cups out side the first month but bringing them in at night.

thats the plan so far.

?'s:

is it better to plant more than one germinated seed per pot?
    How big will the plants be in a month to a month and a half?
    How far away should i plant the two strains apart?
    can i get away with only watering them once a week from seedling to full grown?

any comments or suggestions?

2. Wassup bro! What's the seedbank?

RULE #1 : DO NOT DO THIS WITH FRIENDS

1 seed per cup.
    1 seed per pot.
    (the seed germinates in the cup, don't put it in cotton or paper to sprout. Direct in the cup).

In 45 days with min. 5 hours direct sun, they'll be 30-50 cm tall. It depends if you gave them ferts (N). No ferts for first 2-3 weeks. Plain water (let sit 24hours to get out chlorine, esp. when baby mj). Or use lake water, river water later.

You can grow as many strains as you want together. Just cut the males to not have seeds in the end, just seedless bud.

After planting, water gently soil (don't move seed around) until it sprouts. Water every 2-3 days and let dry and repeat process. In first 2 weeks it's better to have them at home (yard). You said you were gonna start them inside so that's fine. Watering outdoors varies / your mix (water retaining or not), if it rains there, if you have wormcastings, how you dug your hole. Anyway, every 10 days about. In pots with 3/4 plugs and 1/4 holes at bottom, every week.

Good luck.

3. #3 OldPork, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
    A few things I would add to Corto's good advice:

The first month is the most crucial, lots of things can "bite" you and they come outta the blue, especially if you are not familiar with the area. Among these are wildlife, bugs, slugs, heavy rain, etc. And you have to take preventative measures against these attackers. If you check the early posts in my thread (link below) you will see some of the precautions I employ to get the plants through that crucial first month or so. You may want to start of a week or two early with some bagseed seedlings to become familiar with what is lurking in the area. Where you live, you could pop seeds outdoors in April and still have huge plants by fall.
    I think it helpful to go from solo cups to larger pots before going to the ground. This allows you to raise your plants off the ground if you need to, move them if you need to, and allows you to protect them a little longer. Also in early spring the heavy rainfall can drown a seedling in the ground, which is less likely to happen when the rainfall slows and the plant becomes larger.
    Finally if you can water only once per week, plan on a good 3 inch layer of mulch to retain moisture in the soil.
    Happy growing and you know where to post those pictures...

4. Yo pretty blazed right now. So why do i not need to germinate before putting the seeds in the cup?

5. You can if you want but placing them in paper, cotton (if that's what you mean by germinate), just adds an extra unnecessary step where the plants can be damaged.

6. r
    I guess it is what one is comfortable with. I usually get 100% germ rates in Promix seed starter, even though many seed breeders recommended wet paper towels between plates. I don't like handling new shoots. Just a matter of preferences, no wrong way no right way.

7. Read the link at the bottom of Corto's post.:) If you read that guide then memorize that guide you will be one happy camper next fall.:hello: