Please check out my setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by scooby99, Dec 11, 2007.

1. I transplanted these into soil about 3 days ago, from a tray under a T-5. The leaves are slightly yellow, I believe from overwatering. I'm not going to water them again for a little while to see how they do. Also shown are the nutrients I am using. That is a 250 MH lamp, with a 4" exhaust pulling from it. The lamp is placed about 10-12 inches from the plants now. I thought that would be an OK distance since the lamp is air cooled, however temps have been 81-82 degrees so maybe I should back it off a little. Oh and btw it is happy frog soil, unknown strain (bagseed).

Any advice here appreciated, this is a first grow attempt.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      37.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      30.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Im having the same problems with my plants from what ive read its definetly over watering being as the leaves look like there getting fater and are starting to change to an abnormal shape.

3. yeah get some air moving in there cool it down a bit. Back the lights of another 5 inches then drop them 1.5 inches each day until optimal. Oh and don't give em any nutes, that soil is virgin there roota havent even explored fully. When you transplant give em just a little NPK. But yeah chill out on the watering MJ likes lots of O2 down by the roots. Looks good though.

4. cool, thanks. I do have a fan (partially shown in 3rd pic). I'm not watering today, and may adjust my light as well.

5. yeh temps are a little high cause you have light too close ,also do you have an intake fan? helps with temps & also fills room with fresh air.

stop feeding with nutes as happy frog has enough nutes to keep plant healthy for at least 2-4 weeks(organic)then start applying your nutes;)

put light at around 24-36 inches away you have it too close(personally i would have it 36 inches away,then adjust to suit,even with a cool tube)

yellowing of leaves so early is from over fertilizing ,give them a leach,NOT FLUSH,then leave for 3-4 days before your next watering & water slowly not pouring the water in until it dribbles out the bottom.

WILL RECOVER IN A WEEK ;)

hope this helps, happy growing & they'll look fine this time next week:D

ps; make sure your oscilating fan is giving them a slight breeze onto the plants

6. Thanks motorheed, I cut a slit in the plastic so the fan would pull in new air, and raised the light a little. In just a few minutes, my temp went back down to 78 degrees, which I think is right where I need to be. I am not sure what a leach is though.

7. im growing under t5s also. i started my seedling in MUCH smaller containers so that it will not hold as much moisture and is easir to control.

8. Eh, Im gonna disagree with alot of the prior posts and say I dont think your light is too close. I think 24-36 is WAY too far away, especially for an air cooled hood. You need fresh air intake and an oscilating fan and that will help alot. Maybe a new/better fan drawing from the hood?

Last time I started seedlings I had a 250MH (not air cooled) about 10-12 inches from the tops and they LOVED it! I also had very good venting and intake.

As long as your temps are good you can have that light as close as you want it. Thats the point of having an air cooled hood.

9. i,ve read lots of discussions on flushing,1 side of the fence says you have to flush,simple as that.
    another says if your growing organically ,why flush?
    as i think about it the last statement makes more sense at first glance to me,i mean to have a need to do a periodic flush when growing organically is like admitting that there is something in the soil that should'nt be there.
    there cant be anything bad in my soil i mixed it myself,too much bone meal maybe?
    2 points, first flushing is actually the wrong term here,a flushing is something you do right before harvest,i will leave that for another "discussion".

leaching is very important when growing in soil,i leach every 2nd,4th ,& 6th week of flowering.
    as you grow your soil changes,as does your root system too.
    we are worried about ph & nutrient lockout. the plants ability to buffer your ph changes as your plant ages & you've been adding all they nutes,nutrients have a limited window of opportunity to all be available to your plant. meaning the ph range that you have to be in is very small,6.3-6.8 is proper ph range for soil.
    while we're talking about adding your nutes,they also have a salt build up around the roots & lockout your expensive new nutes that you just bought for them. starting to feel unappreciated yet?

well it does happen & you can easily fix this & increase your yields.
    while you maybe able to get away without leaching,i've done it both ways myself,i can certainly tell you that i have allways noticed a pronounced growth spurt after the leaching.

NOW LEACHING;

all you need to do is,determine the size of your pots & triple it.
    so if you flower in a gallon pot you'll want 3 gallons of ROOM TEMPRATURE,PH'D WATER,pour this through your growpot,let it run out the bottom & your all done.

do not use the hot water side to adjust the temp of your water as these pipes typically have heavy metals built up inside of them,these metals will kill your ladies.
    also if you have a public water supply ,let the water sit for a day prior to using.

dont overcomplicate this ,its easy to do ,& by far the easiest & cheapest thing to do to increase your yields.

10. cool man thanks for the thorough explanation! My soil has died out a little and i am already starting to see more green in the leaves. I know that there is no possible way to identify the strain.... but do you think that all of these plants are the same strain? I have noticed that 3 of them look similar to each other and the other 3 look distinctly different in the way the leaves are coming in. peace

Attached Files: