Please can you help!! I do'nt know what this problem is? , I'm a first time grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by budbudding, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hi ,I am a first time grower and need help My leaf tip's are pointing down and some have curled right under and has yellowing on the tips , new growth showing the same symptoms , The leaves have got a very dark colour (Black'ish and the tips as you can see in the pic) to the out side with a rough feel to them ,. also this morning i poped me hesd in and there was a smell!, it smelled like grass ! When the lights been on for about 15hr's the plants start to droop , but when the lights are off for a few hours their up again !.. This problem started just after a flush (To much superphrive added) , That was done 5 day's ago now and i havnt waterd them yet as soil is still moist, i flushed with normal tap water i did not ph the water and the water came straight from the tap with a bit of added hot water so the water was'nt to cold ,

These plant's have not yet been feed as they are 3 weeks old from a cutting ,and im useing playgron grow mix with perlite, These plants are in 14ltr pot's under a 600watt dual spectrum light and is 24" away from the tips of the plant,. Temp with light on is 79-83, rh 40,. Lights off 64-68 rh 55% , , lights are on 18 hr and off 6 hr,.
    My water is ph 7.7 , the run off of the flush was 6.4 ,.

The strain is Jack herer

Cheers kev

Attached Files:

2. your plants look like they are showing symptoms of over/under watering but your description of how you've been taking care of them makes that seem less possible (unless they are still in shock/are dealing with the 5 straight days of wet soil). if they haven't started standing up by the time the soil gets dry then i would try adjusting humidity and/or temperature as those can have combined effects on the plants appearance.

3. Hi mannix :wave:

The plants do stand up all day, its just at the end of the 18 hours they drop, but when the lights are off they shoot back up againg ! ,. the tips stay point down , I dnt think it can be a heat problem , when i touch the leaves there cold,:confused: ,
    Its been a week now ,i'm not sure how longer there gonna cope :confused:

4. well that's pretty strange. whenever the lights are off you have higher humidity and they seem to do better than when they are at the end of the light cycle. but your humidity levels seem fine so i don't know :\

5. Please someone must have some sort of idea what this is ?????? , :confused::confused::confused: