Please Blaze one up/pray for my grand-pep

Discussion in 'General' started by crackrockstdy89, Jul 14, 2010.

1. This might be an unusual thread, but my grandpa is really sick. He's in the hospital right now with a severe case of pneumonia, and it seems like his blood gas work is all out of whack (meaning that he breaths in oxygen and doesn't release enough carbon dioxide naturally, it's just accumulating in his body). This wouldn't be so bad for most elderly people (well, still something to worry about) but he's had problems with his breathing/lungs for the past 5+ years or so, because he used to be an avid cig smoker (3 packs or more a day) and it's hitting him REALLY bad. Ontop of all this, he has a severe staph infection and even oxygen that's administered to him is barely working.
    My grand-pep has always helped me out through hard times. When i didn't have any money or a job or anything, i couldn't even turn to my parents. One day i received a call from him and ended up talking for a few hours. He ended up loaning me some money through the mail and shit, and it really helped me get back on my feet (as poor as i am, my grandparents and relatives in FL are loaded. literally, my uncle just sold his million dollar+ business for crazy amounts).
    He never had to help me, but he was always there to believe in me. Ontop of that, he has helped my dad out sooooo much through life, and i think i would be torn apart more by the fact of seeing my dad suffer if he passed (more than him actually passing, though ti would kill me).
    I usually don't beg, but please light something up if your lungs are nice and healthy. Reflect on what's it like to be able to do this now, some people can't even take a few steps without gasping for air. Thanks, i'll keep you updated on his condition GC.
    My parents' house is actually going to be empty for the next few days (dad and mom flying to FL to visit in the hospital) and i'm debating on whether to throw an empty-house party there or not. It seems fucked up under the circumstances, but it could possibly be a 'Get well' schin-dig at the same time. lemme know what you think on this issue also.
    If you read all of this, thanks a lot, it already means enough just being there. I've only had step-relatives pass before, never any actual blood. It would be hard to deal with...

2. I say throw a party, man. I'm sorry that your grandfather is ill, I hope he gets better soon.

Ask yourself this though, if you were the one in the hospital, would you want people bummin' about it or havin' a good time in your honor?

3. This.

4. Agreed

5. this.

still lighting one up..

6. :smoking:

:bongin:

yeah throw a party

7. Just thought about him and smoked a few..hope everything gets better.

8. Thanks for the words everyone, ha i almost forgot that i wrote all that, i was kind of hammered last night. He's doing alright today, but who knows how quickly that could change. I think i agree with what you're saying now, izzza party-time