please assist me!

Discussion in 'General' started by KoolZ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Hey everyone, koolz here. Recently I moved to north carolina from georgia. In georgia I'm quite the purple skirt loving fool. Lately there has been some heavy rain in my area, and I went out and picked a few mushrooms. They all appear nearly identical to the species I picked in georgia, the only difference being the lack of veil around the stem and the gills arent quite as purplish as would make me comfortable. Enclosed are a few pictures of the mushrooms I gathered. I would heavily appreciate it if someone with a little more knowledge than I could confirm for me whether or not I've picked up a psilocybin containing species. Thank you all in advance.

Attached Files:

• s1.JPG
      s1.JPG
      File size:
      315.6 KB
      Views:
    • s2.JPG
      s2.JPG
      File size:
      240.7 KB
      Views:
    • s3.JPG
      s3.JPG
      File size:
      260.9 KB
      Views:
    • s4.JPG
      s4.JPG
      File size:
      276.3 KB
      Views:
    • s5.JPG
      s5.JPG
      File size:
      283.6 KB
      Views:
  2. I know NOTHING about shrooming, Or shrooms. Whatever you want to call identifiying mushrooms. but i do know that there is no way anyone can tell you if they are psilobyn containing.
    edit- go to Shroomery.org or something like that, ive seen blades posting that website with good feedback. good luck! dont eat em til u know fo sho.

3. I doubn tit..

4. Perhaps I should phrase my question better. What I mean to ask is if anyone can help me identify the species. Two of them I can possitively identify as panaeolus subbalteatus. The others I'm just trying to figure out whether or not they are a sub-species of psilocybe that are veilless in NC.

5. spore print???