Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Please answer this.. :l

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TokeDaily, Jul 29, 2010.

1. My grandma is 67 years old. Her asshole doctor wont take a look at her legs. She gets these terrible leg cramps. Im taking care of her for the summer. She doesnt need the help but its always on my mind that she might not be ok. Tonight she came limping and bareley moving her legs. She almost calapsed and was in tears. this happens almost every night. Its been happening for 4 years. She can take 2 eleve nothing. She can take advil nothing happens. She drinks twice the amount of water you should consume, she takes so many vitamins. And she still gets these leg cramps. I had to rub her legs for 2 hours just so she would be able to sleep. It hurts me so much to see her in this pain. Could mm help her? Im not doing this so i can steal her shit, i honestly just want to stop her from having to deal with this uberable pain//:(

2. The first step would be to take her to a doctor for an examination.

3. Her doctor wont, Im trying to save enough so i can pay for one. Im in denver co, so how hard would it be. could i just take her to those appointmants that they check you out and see if you qualify?

4. seriously not trying to be funny but i know indaca would not be a good idea cuz that would make her legs work less....do to the couch lock....and sativa isnt for pain...(im pretty sure it isnt) so maybe not....if its cramps she needs to eat some bannanas not smoke.....(bannanas have potassium which is good for cramps)

5. Good point. It happens at night. So it wont matter much. EDIT: she eats 6 a day

6. damn 6 bannanas a day....thats crazy....maybe she is eatting to much...you know dont listen to anyone here....(i hear theres a lot of potheads here).....you should just take her to the doctor and act a fool telling them to look at her legs...if they dont say fuck um cuz u dont what there business anyways

7. shes not fat. she is quiet skinny. she only eats healthy food. Im just trying to see if it would just be cheaper (i would pay for a visit its just gonna take a little longer for me to pay) if i took her to a evaluation

8. i dont mean she is eating to much food....just too many bannanas....6 a day is quite alot...my grandpa eats 1 a day....but idk dont listen to me i would chill out for a little bit and she what a doctor says not a stoner....i wish i could help but i dont know what im talking bout half the time

9. If anyone could recommend a doctor who can evaluate her grandma in CO, OP would appreciate it.. A medical marijuana doctor who will see her and evaluate her would be best. Otherwise, OP, you need to take her to a different doctor and get medical records from that doctor. I don't know that these cramps will qualify her for MMJ in OR. They wouldn't where I live, they would in CA. You will have to see.

10. If she is drinking too much water at her age then it could possibly be her potassium levels. If it is, then eating a banana won't help. She will need potassium supplements. Cramps could also be an indication of neuropathy due to diabetes. Get her to a doctor and get some blood work done.

11. why exactly wont the doctor see her for this?

12. Take her back to HER doctor and go into the examination room with them and explain that if he doesn't do his job, you will will file a malpractice lawsuit. His malpractice insurance will be in jeopardy and you have a legitimate gripe. He cannot refuse you. His negligence could cost her more than pain. It could take her life. Your grandmother has rights as a patient. Guaranteed by law. If you're there and he refuses once again? You're a witness. I would go so far as to take a digital voice recorder. Get his denial on record. Either do this or let you grandmother suffer. The choice is yours.

13. I completely agree with Totah Sam.

What type of nonsense is it where a doctor refuses to see a patient?

Show the doctors who is boss, follow Totah Sams advice. :p