Please allow me to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Alright Guy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. #1 Alright Guy, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    I love listening to tunes all day long. At work, at home, while I go to sleep. And I love to get high, so I thought I might start hanging here. I gotta feeling I'm a lot older than y'all but that's ok with me if its ok with u. I just like to talk tunes.

I love alt-country, dirty blues, alt rock, folk rock, jam rock, college rock, and Americana. I like crunchy guitars and am open to some dubstep or electronica type stuff like James Blake and Neon Indian.

Favorite bands/singer-songwriters include Drive-by Truckers, Todd Snider, The Black Keys, John Prine, Lucero, Two Cow Garage, The National, Centro-Matic, North Mississippi All Stars, Grateful Dead, Widespread Panic, Neil Young, and the Rolling Stones.

I like lists as well. I'm a big enough music dork to keep a top albums of the year Here's my top 25 albums of 2011:
    [FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]DBT- Go Go Boots[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jessica Lea Mayfield – Tell Me [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hayes Carll – KMOG YOYO (And Other American Stories)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Middle Brother – S/T[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gurf Morlix – Blaze Foley’s 113th Wet Dream[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Cave Singers – No Witch[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lucinda Williams - Blessed[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jason Isbell - Here We Rest[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]9. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]James Blake – S/T[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]10. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Those Darlins – Screws Get Loose[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]11. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Doug Paisley – Constant Companion[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]12. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Deep Vibrations – Strange Love[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]13. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Christian Kjellvander -The Rough and Rynge[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]14. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]KORT – Invariable Heartache [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]15. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Caitlin Rose – Own Side Now[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]16. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Greater Pacific – Rainfall[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]17. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Low Anthem – Smart Flesh[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]18. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Social Distortion – Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]19. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]North Mississippi Allstars – Keys to the Kingdom[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]20. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Decemberists – The King is Dead[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]21. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Radio Dept. – Passive Aggressive[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]22. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Smith Westerns[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]23. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dolorean – The Unfazed[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]24. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Carrie Rodriguez and Ben Kyle – We Still Love Our Country[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]25. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ponderosa – Moonlight Revival. [/FONT]

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXqxXrjoOf0]YouTube - Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile (Not Slight Return) Part 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1HCl0AcpE&feature=related]YouTube - Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile (Not Slight Return) Part 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbqchLSjAaI]YouTube - Jimi Hendrix - Red House[/ame]

dirty blues right thereeeeeeee