Please advise me on my first grow!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bucknasty_og, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Hey guys, first serious attempt at a grow. I would really appreciate tips and advice on my setup. I currently am growing 6 plants of casey jones from the seed in soil.

Attached Files:

2. First off, what're your temps running? What watt is that light? Do you have an exhaust in the tent itself besides the light? What kind of soil are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. This is a 4x4x72 tent, with a hortilux super hps 1000w bulb. This bulb supposedly can grow veg and flower, I am still skeptical about this but it's all I have at the moment. The first pic here is right when I planted on March 11. Second pic is growth up to march 18th, 1 week later. I really need comments on their growth, they were in a shitty grow box for a few weeks from the seed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Also I'm using happy frog soil in 5 gallon smart pots. The temp is normally around 80 to 85, no higher than that. Average of 45 percent humidity. The temp and humidity is the best I can achieve.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds like you're doing fine. That bulb is definitely okay to flower with as well. Of course you can add more if wanted when the time comes. That growth looks average for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you. I bent them a day before the last pic,and topped them as well. This explains their irregular stalks but my update pic next week should show their full recovery. A vast majority of the grow information I have read was from clones, so any advice growing from the seed is greatly appreciated.

7. That's a nice set up. I'm about 1 size down from you and my results have been positively delightful.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

8. Be sure to read up on:
    Light distance
    Pest control
    Nute schedule
    Fimming/topping
    Diagnosing plant issues

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

9. Thanks for the tips! I'll update on Friday with a progress pic, I guess I'll initiate flower phase in about 2-3 weeks from now as well. I'm worried about how many females I will actually get, I hope at least 3. We'll see.

10. Quick peek at what they are looking like today (mar 21)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1