Pleasant surprise

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lixve, Jun 9, 2005.

1. So I had some seeds from mids and I was going to throw them in the woods but being stoned I decided to dig a little hole and put them in it instead thinking nothing of it. Recently I remembered what I did and now, yes, there is a little plant growing. Atleast I'm pretty sure. It's not the best spot and I wasnt plannin on this. Should I take care of it? I'm living with my parents and Im not sure it is such a good idea.

2. its alive, so yes theres a chance and yes you should try

Think of it like a couple getting drunk, having a kid, and sayin should we even bother, i mean my parents would be pist?
    :p

lol, just visit the site a little more and give it care, you love the ganja, and it will love you back

goodluck

3. Is the plant located on your property? If so, you could move it (very carefully) to a better spot. If it's not on your property, give it a shot. Worst that can happen is it'll die, or someone will take it when it gets bigger...

4. it was on my property but i moved it somewhere else on my property. its in the woods and no one ever goes there. i think it gets good sunlight and there are tons of other plants around it that seem to be really healthy.

btw the ground here is more like clay. would that effect it?( or affect?)

5. If you have something to loosen the soil (a garden claw works PERFECT for doing this) definately try doing that. The more light and fluffy the soil, the bigger and healthier your roots will be, and this will directly affect your plant's growth (bigger, healthier roots = bigger healthier plants)...

Clay sucks... Add some top soil or something and incorporate. Try not to transplant the plant too much though... They don't really like being messed with once they've gotten their roots established... Especially outdoors...

6. so my plant is surrounded by poison ivy. is that a bad thing for the plant? also theres like 12 little plants sprouting up extremly close together. im guessing this isnt good but could i move them or do i have to just kill them

edit: btw is there like an estimate on how long till i harvest from the time i planted. im not sure of the strain, or does that even matter?

7. 12 little MJ plants? If they are and you want to keep them, dig up the soil around them and then go from underneath. Try to be as gentle as you can because plants don't really like having their roots messed with. You'll want to spread them out or they'll compete too much and get all tall and lankey...

I don't think the poison ivy will be a problem unless it starts crowding the other plants. I got a bunch in a few fields... I just cleared out a little space for each one and left it with all the other plants. They seem to be doing just fine.

8. thanks for the advice. i think im going to wait till they get a little bigger to move them, that way they will be tougher and can handle it better.

thanks igothecottons, you seem to be the only one helpin me out. ill take some pics and post them soon

9. Roots will grow really quickly outdoors so don't wait all too long to move them. Any nearby plants may deter animals or humans but they also take up light, nutrients and root space from your growing plant.

Gg

10. Yeah... You don't want the roots getting too big... If they get entangled together and you go to separate them, chances are you're going to end up with a lot of your crop dead... I had this happen to me with this grow... Lost about 20 of 'em :( Your best best is to separate them as soon as you can, and put them in little cups while you wait for them to take root. Then transfer them from their directly into the ground where you want them...

For mine out in the fields/woods I cleared out a 1 foot hole with my Garden Claw for my plants... This shredded up the roots of any plants that were anywhere near it so I've got a good chunk of earth for each plant... My only problem is keeping the surrounding vegetation pushed back as it's really aggressive in the spots I put 'em (lotta weeds and brambles). I just go back about once a week or so to stomp down the plants immediately surrounding mine. This way from the outside it still looks normal, but once you find the spot it's easy to find where I left 'em...

I actually forgot where I planted them for a while (Yeah... I hid 'em THAT well), so I thought all was lost until I accidentally stumbled onto some of my trails...

No problem :) Glad I could be of some help... I can't wait to see the pics :D If I ever get a digi I'll take some pics of mine. They're all about 18" by now though, and if I get a digi, it probably won't be until they're about ready to start flowering (yeah... I'm a poor bum)...

I need to go pick up some more of shultz time release ferts though. I used it in my garden out back (a real garden, not a MJ garden) and all my plants have EXPLODED. I had most of a box left, but I seem to have misplaced it... Stoner moment or something, lol.

11. how much sunlight is not enough(hours)?

also one of my plants is very small and seems to be healty but the stem is growing along wiht the ground but the leaves are facing up. is this normal?

12. atleast 4 hours of direct sunlight is necessary for results. but that is minimum. the more the better

13. with that many plants in such close proximity you will want to keep a close eye on them and watch for males, this will also help out with not being crowded, when the guys show up you can pull 'em and let your ladies grow. you have to expect fifty percecnt of your crop to be male.

14. everyone says that if you grow your plants too close together they will start competeting with each other. when do they actually start doing this? like when they are very small will it matter? i dont wanna pull any out untill i know if its male or female but its too young to tell.

15. I think I'm getting about 4-5 hours of sunlight. Not alot maybe not enough. My plant is 2 months old and only about 7 inches tall. It looks like what a normal 3 week old plant should be like. Any way to help it along? I have good soil, possibily some ferts'?