Playing soothing music?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ReallyRed, Sep 16, 2009.

1. title might sound misleading but i've read here and there on the web that plants like soothing and "beautiful" music (as in, they apparently respond well)

i'm curious... anyone on a grow, did you play music for your girls? did they respond any differently than other grows? if so, what kinda music did they respond well with?

yeah, this could be seen as a silly question but i am curious.

2. I'm still new to growing but from what I gathered, Vibrations from music make the plant's stem stronger, thus being able to hold more buds.

3. There's a thread around here somewhere, let me see if I can find the link...

Sorry, thought I had it but don't. Anyhow, seems there is some evidence of low vibration helping things along, it can be accomplished with some sort of rig-up, but music is cheaper and much more enjoyable (lol)... apparently "soothing" music is not the best - something more along the lines of heavy metal/liquid metal or something that puts out said vibration - personally I think mine love Zeppelin and Stevie Ray Vaughn ;)

4. I played "Lowryder" by War for my plants one time, and they auto-flowered on me! :eek:

5. Yes, I actually started a thread on this very issue about 3 weeks ago. Basically, the discussion boiled down to plants like a low frequency vibration, as Satyva mentioned. Thank you to "Mythbusters" for the info. Many people suggested "Classical". I myself play "Alternative" for my plants and they seem to do better with it.

If you're interested in reading the whole thread, it can be found HERE.

6. LMAO! Yes I've been humming that little tune here and there myself ;)

7. Don't have the time to look it up now, but I remember a study that showed that the music that actually had the best effect in their test was heavy metal.

The theory was the same as what people here are saying, the low level vibrations from the bass helped create stronger growth. Might be duplicating the same effect you get by having a fan blow on them to strengthen stem growth.

8. This has to be one of the coolest threads yet! lol floramirco, florbloom, slayer and deicide make for killer weed!:D

9. Studies have proven that classical music and heavy metal music provide the most positive responsive growth in plants. Rap deteriorates the plant actually.

Not necessarily marijuana, but of course, it IS a plant...

10. lol!!!:metal:

11. well if its the bass from the metal thats helping id say reggae would be your best bet

my plants jam to reggae every morning when they wake up:smoking: