Playing Music to your plants

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by blackbeard2012, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Anyone ever try this .Sounds like some 60s experement.Thinkig about trying Bob Marley or Tupac

2. HAHHAHAHAHAH try it.

3. i think i've heard of this before, if you have the setup for it(i.e. light proof, sound proof walls between rooms) than thry it
    in the study i've read about, plants did best with classical music i believe, but try with the same plant, take clones from the same mother, and the same growing conditions, lighting conditions, watering, temps, humidity, etc. and put in seperate rooms and play classical(mozart or some shit) to one, rock to another, rap ot another, reggae to another, pop to another and so on...
    then have an expert test a sample for each to see if the high is any different
    and there you go, a scientific experiment on highs
    yea, i've thought of this before

4. Mabee Dismember and Lamn of God for the last 3 days before harvest in total darkness

5. Ive actually been doing it this year, with classical. It plays in the greenhouse during the day. Kinda trips you out when they finally have a commercial or intro the next song. Cant exactally say i noticed a deffinate difference because the green house has had to be modified to keep temps ideal so plants have been heat stressed quite a bit these first two harvests this year.

6. I have read on the subject a lil and... they really don't have any scientific proof that plants grow better/bigger w/any one type of music.
    I do know that plants don't have ears, they pick up on vibrations... that overall consensus is that the reason they like the classic stuff is that it isn't so bass heavy... that makes sense to me!
    I play music for my indoor babes but, I mainly do it cause if that were me in there... I would be way happier to not have to hear the buzz of fans and ballasts all the time... the music is a nice break for them I'm sure!

7. Everytime a plant misbehaves for me I just scream "your gonna burn!.... in my bowl" and they usually start behavin.

8. If you played loud enough music with enough bass and big enough speakers, then the vibrations might encourage stronger stem growth. Or I could have pulled that out of my ass.

Mythbusters busted it, it doesn't make a difference.

9. #9 NorthernThunder, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ive played dubstep pretty loud next to my box once. It didnt really do much. BUT, there are studies that show a continous loop of a certain sound frequency for a certain amount of time could kill or help the plant.

10. #10 Slurms McKenzie, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Well actually mythbusters said that any noise helps plants but then again they messed up that myth because they forgot to water the plants hahahahahahaha

But then again the electricity used for the music can be used for better lights or whatever

11. I believe that, but I think a fan blowing on them would be a lot more efficient.

12. The most beautiful music is nature. My plants love it :p