Play it again, Sam. I bid marijuana adieu...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by The Dooge, May 30, 2009.

1. Yes, another sad story we have all heard too many times. I am forced to stop partaking in my recreational use of marijuana. I am joining the coast guard, for job security to atleast get me started for my hopes of moving to California. It has been 6 months since my farewell blunt, which seems like aeons ago. I will certainly miss all of the good times marijuana has brought me, all of the memories of complete relaxation, not stressing about a damn thing, and being able to enjoy the simpler things in life. Most of all, I will miss passing the bud around with my closest homies, rollin up a doobie, and just enjoying each others company. Nothing can replace that.
    How could I forget you, oh glorious munchies? Oh the times we had devouring everything that looked good, especially the slim jims. The munchies made eating more enjoyable exponentially. I shall miss thee...
    I will certainly miss the life changing experiences I had while high. Getting good and baked and kicking back watching Koyaanisqatsi and Baraka, letting them take control and pilot my mind to new ways of thinking, new perspectives. Reading literature that I could relate to, and fiction that could take me to worlds I could not fathom. I could not possibly replace these highlights, and I wouldn't want to.
    Most of all, I will miss you, Grasscity. You have provided me a home with a plethora of people who share a common ground and can express their thoughts and stories and philosophy on life. One of my favorite things to do with the homies is discuss the meaning of life and the purpose of existence, because you really get a good look at someone's character when you know what they think of life. Grasscity offers a place where no one passes judgement on one another. That's one thing I have noticed about people on here; There is no drama over trivial bullshit, and I believe that is because of marijuana. Marijuana gives me a feeling of togetherness with all of humanity and nature, especially with the members of this internet utopia. I feel a bond with every member on here, especially the more notorious members like Trikky, BurntWaffle and Reformmaryjanelaws. I will miss getting random posts on my threads, and being able to reach people on a level previously unknown to me.
    I will certainly keep my account on this glorious city, for I plan to pick up the blunt again when my service is up and I am sitting pretty in San Fran. But that will have to wait for a few years. I will of course be checking up on the legalization threads on here as well. I will miss you all.
    Good day to you all,

The Dooge

2. Gonna miss you man. I'm gonna take a huge rip of Sour Diesel at the party I'm about to go to for you....

3. Sir, you rock. Ive always wanted to try that strain, never got to. I have yet to do many things that I wanted to accomplish in my smoking career. I've never had a purple strain, or hit a bong. I will try again in California.

4. dude i salute you and i hope you have a good coast guard career. Do enjoy your life as much as possible i will roll a blunt that is to never be smoked in your memory

5. This bowl is for you Dooge... The end of a beautiful friendship right?

Midnight. Not a sound from the pavement.
    Has the moon lost her memory?
    She is smiling alone.
    In the lamplight
    the withered leaves collect at my feet
    And the wind begins to moan.

Memory. All alone in the moonlight
    I can smile at the old days,
    I was beautiful then.
    I remember the time I knew what happiness was,
    Let the memory live again.

Every street lamp seems to beat a fatalistic warning.
    Someone mutters and a street lamp gutters
    and soon it will be morning.

Daylight. I must wait for the sunrise,
    I must think of a new life
    And I mustn't give in.
    When the dawn comes tonight will be a memory too
    And a new day will begin.

Burnt out ends of smokey days,
    the stale cold smell of morning.
    The street lamp dies,
    another night is over, another day is dawning.

Touch me. It's so easy to leave me
    All alone with the memory
    Of my days in the sun.
    If you touch me you'll understand what happiness is.
    Look, a new day has begun.:wave::wave::wave::wave:

6. Yeah man... I've only been smoking weed for a year and I've tried 25-30 strains....

People like you are the reasons weed should be legalized. A person who wants to serve his country in the Coast Guard, but can't relax off of marijuana... Ridiculous.

7. To everyone that will be smoking in my memory, My heart goes out to you all. I certainly wish I could be there to enjoy it with you.

8. Usually I would call you a faggot for signing up but the Coast Guard is sick and you get to live in AWESOME places. So yea man, have fun!

9. Danke, sir.