Platypuses and mythical creatures

Discussion in 'General' started by TheAtmansPath, Feb 20, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Aren't these creatures basically as crazy as like a minotaur?

With platypuses in existence, why even make up mythical creatures like bigfoot and unicorns?

this i ask you

2. #2 Buddha_Man, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
    if you're asking if a duck/beaver is crazier than a man/horse, the answer is no.

3. It's such a unique, weird ass animal though. And they're fuckin venomous.

4. it may be odd looking just because we don't see them too much. if everybody had a platypus as a pet we probably wouldnt say they are weird.

If you like strange critters, do some research on deep sea animals. You'll see some crazy shit.

5. i aint scared of no platypussy

6. I think weirdness is subjective. Some people are so much more enchanted by platypi than minotaurs - minotaurs aren't half horse, by the way, they're bipedal with the bottom half of a bull. You're thinking of centaurs, friend.

One could argue that minotaurs are less interesting than centaurs though.

7. Lol. Why am i suddenly thinking of napoleon dynamite?

8. I've seen some crazy shit from the deep sea. I still think the platypus is a unique muthafucka. It'd still be a weird, unique creature if everyone had one, cuz there still aint nothin else like it.

9. I wish I had one a pet there so crazy looking.

10. inb4

Liger

The liger is a hybrid cross between a male lion and a tigress. Thus, it has parents with the same genus but of different species. It is distinct from the similar hybrid tiglon. It is the largest of all known extant felines.

[​IMG]

11. Lol nice hybrid :p

12. ^ haha I didn't look at it that way lol