PlatinumLED Mars-Hydro comparison grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Antics, Jul 27, 2015.

1. I agee

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm from Canada and I'll take it!!

3. Do you know if amazon is selling fake MARS? I just bought one from them. The seller was MarsHydro though

4. After reading all 59 pages over the past few days I would like to make a comment for Antics even though this is a old thread.

Antics,

You said that you were doing this so newbie growers will have something to base their decision to buy which light, or something to that effect. Well you did just that for me. I was seriously considering buying a MH 144 reflector, maybe expanding to two. I had been reading a ton of positive reviews about them across the web but got the feeling most weren't basing their loyalty off anything tangible or measurable as you have. One thing that really put me off during my research is MH customer service and so many lights failing yet not being supported by MH in a timely and cost efficient manner if at all.

I don't like buying crap, and don't like having to buy something more than once so, for me at least, I like to get it right the first time if at all possible.

I was even questioning many of the reviews I was reading about Pled as there is a common business practice out there lately to create hundreds of review sites to support your product (weight loss pills are horrible with this practice).

Funny thing, like I said I was about to buy the MH144R and noticed everyone on Amazon stating that it is cheaper on the MH website. I went to their site and almost bought it but really wanted to check out what the shipping will cost as my location never qualifies for free shipping unless its most Amazon prime items (some wont even ship to me). Well I had decided to wait a day and do some more research looking for someone to do a decent comparison test for MH and Pled. I got a call today from a private number so I let it go to voicemail. The message is in such horrible english I was able to make out that the person was concerned I didnt complete my order from them and that I needed to. Well, my research told me to spend the extra coin and get a different brand, plus I hate PayPal.

You did a outstanding job. I love how you stayed on topic, didnt get too defensive when the fan boys would chime in or when people would question your methods. This thread also motivated me to create an account so I could see all the pictures, but appears to be a great community with plenty of knowledge so I will stick around for a bit. Props to you bud, props to you.

Sorry for reviving a dead post.

5. As newbie just entering the game. These comparison as well as GC has given me a wealth of information to dwell on. Big thanks to Antic for this grow journal. I read from seed helmet to THC testing. I'll be starting with an LED for my first grow. I'll be using the Mars II just to keep things cost effective for now. 4oz/per plant is all need for now. Sometimes something is better than nothing.

6. jamesbeancompany.com

7. #1169 apollo11, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    not mine lol

8. Never used A Mars. I kids say that Platinum LED is absolutely one of the best unit in reasonable price range Timber grow lights has some awesome DIY cob kits

• Like Like x 1
  9. How was IB strain? Thinking bout it for next

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pled, n Cree cobs are best LEDs IV used.. getting a Mars epi 160 soon

• Like Like x 1
  11. you have no idea mate, sorry to pinch your bubble, from experience ;)

12. nice to quote a website that is not the mars hydro website, lol

13. humm...Mars-hydro website isn't good?....hum...

14. hey sara we are talking on skype hehe, I mean this guy posted a website to complain about mars hydro and is not even the real website from mars

15. LEDs are the absolute future of horticulture

• Like Like x 1
  16. Happy New Year @buckethead129!! Hope you continue to grow the dankest in 2018!

17. Lol. the fire still burns. just got deleted off 420 mag for the last time. that teddy edwards guy. sheesh. all I said was P600 LOL.
    I still use mine. working good after 3 years! im putting it in the middle of 800W of Qb pucks. :D