PlatinumLED Mars-Hydro comparison grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Antics, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Hey bro, leave Sarah alone. I might not support Mars, but I sure support smokesarah.

Do a little more research and you'll find that most of the people that were using PlatinumLED have had some pretty negative experiences. That this thread is old, and so is the technology in your p600. I run platinum lights also, and I fell for this thread also....

But smokesarah and her dedication to customer service and satisfaction. As well as listening to customers needs. She's got platinum beat 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Possibly, but keep in mind you'll be paying twice the kWh with 2 Mars lights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Whats up @Deez Budz! We appreciate your feedback. Not sure where your seeing all the negative reviews. We always want to be as responsive as possible to our customers needs. Let us know if there is anyway we can improve your experience with Platinum. Enjoy your weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Under your p300. Frosty. Keep up the good work! Stay in competition w Mars. ! I'm sure u guys are working on new units. Please make a bowed panel! Like.. /-----\

• Like Like x 2
  5. 20161021_144138.jpg 20161019_224817.jpg
    20161020_174927.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I got 149.5g with 1 p300 ,3 girls, 2x2 tent. A.c. cooled awesome exhAust

• Like Like x 2
  7. Apologies for the late response, I had no idea this thread was still so active!

I start my lights at 26", and allow the plants to grow closer, as they get closer, I move the light back up, but to 24" or 25". I reduce the distance every time I need to adjust the light until I'm down to a distance of 16-18" above the canopy. This figure may vary based on strain sensitivity, or tolerance to higher intensity lighting.
    When flowering, I usually won't go lower than 12", The average height in bloom is around 14"

I was going to adjust the distances of each light individually, but the popular opinion favored keeping both lights at the same distance.

As for the Mars700, I haven't grown with it, so I can't give a fair comparison between it, and the P300.

Researching saves tons of headaches! The Mars won't let you down, I proved it'll grow nice plants. For many people, it's exactly what they need for the size grow they need. If you do choose to upgrade to platinum, the increase in yield pays for itself the first grow.

I'm glad I could help you out! When I started looking at LEDs, there wasn't much in the way of comparisons, so I wanted to give it a shot. There are also the die hard fans of one company or another. The same goes for sports teams. Most people have a favorite.
    I love helping out where I can, and dispelling popular myths. I'm currently growing with only Miracle Grow, which a lot of people say not to use. So far, the results have been fantastic.
    Antics tries Miracle Grow

Thank you! It makes it worth all the effort when I can help someone make a decision on which product they're planning to use. 256g is intense! That must be one hell of a light, I'll be checking that out for sure. Thanks for the mention.

Thank you for dropping by. I think you're going to be very happy with those P450s. I have one now myself, and it's a beast. Over 7 ounces on my first run with it. I'm going to be aiming much, much higher with the light on a future grow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Amazing work @Antics! We can't thank you enough for the fair comparison and review.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks @Antics u a led legend! Lol yo u think mars reflector 144 n my p300 do good in a 4x4?

• Like Like x 1
  10. *belch* lol 4 at a time

• Like Like x 1
  11. LOL A legend? I doubt that, but thank you.

They're both good lights, and I think you'll be really happy with your results. The P300 has a better spectrum for sure, but I've seen people have good results from the Reflector series.

• Like Like x 3
  12. That's exsctkywhy I wanna mix em! Coverage from. Penetration n spec from plat!

13. 20161107_192536.jpg haze #2

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Antics this is a godsend as I'm starting 2nd grow (2 tent perpetual) using my p300 for veg. Jus pulled 150g dry off a 3 girl scrog w the platinum..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lol. Oops. Forgot to finish. Using a Mars reflector 144i think for 2x4x6 bloom tent

16. I've just spent about 30 minutes skimming through this and loved the side by side. I'm surprised I didn't come across this thread before purchasing my P600. In any event I'm a first time grower but don't want to hijack this thread. Awesome job on the grow and well written updates. Nice work!

check out my first grow/journal https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1423342/

17. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]p600....30 days since 12/12

check out my first grow/journal https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1423342/

• Like Like x 1