PlatinumLED Mars-Hydro comparison grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Antics, Jul 27, 2015.

1. I've got the Mars 900, and a p9 The Mars is a decent light, I've grown a few autos with it. I think platinum is much better, but the Mars 900 is still gonna get you good results. I use my Mars to veg in a 3x3, and I think it does a pretty good job. Like NeeF said, it's all in your budget. If you can afford it look at platinumled, Amare tech is having a massive sale until midnight. If your gonna buy something today, I would look at their website. Email victor for details. But if your getting started, and money is an issue, the Mars will get you going, for sure man.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. would you say 2 of the 300 mars beats out 1 platnium led because its almost half the price to get 2 mars hydros?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well 2 is always better then one and more light would mean more bud.

NeeFs Platinums Organix Thread

• Like Like x 2
  4. This thread was a damn good read. Kick ass job Antics!...

• Like Like x 2
  5. This is why im sending my p300 back. I love it and all but the new mars reflector's have veg and bloom switches now and uv. I can get 400w of light for less money then the p300 but no 5 year only a 3 year warranty and I think mars makes you fix your own light if it breaks so it's a tradeoff.

6. #1126 Hydrolou, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  7. Following

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I'm down:passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  9. What you guys think I should add to my 4x4. I got a mars 2 700 in there. Should I get mars 2 900 or a platinum p450 to go in there with the mars 2 700???

10. Thanks Antics very informative read . New member to GC yours is the first thread I've read all the way thru. I'll be following you and Dutty Panty . I'm on to his journals next. Hoping my new p450s will give me the same results.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've use LED's for years. I like them low to no heat and the lower electric use. I messed one up and I've got a replacement coming. I went with the Mar's 300w. I've been using no name 300w and a 180W UFO. They grow good plants. If the Mar's 300w does as good as this thread says I'll just switch to them.

12. Day 33 bloom platinum P300 IMG_20160831_234637949_HDR.jpg IMG_20160831_234637949_HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Very nice results considering it's only 1 P300! I'm still debating on a single P300 or a couple Mars Hydros. Damn things are only $69 but i worry about that customer service should anything go wrong. I think Platinum is good about replacing shit. Mars i hear makes people DIY.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah have to do bit of DIY, but there's not much to it when you strip the unit down, just bit of basic soldering to swap out the leds. I understand Mars will provide the replacement leds also, easier than sending it to then to sort, don't think they're the best at that.

Still think worth a punt. You need a lot of successful harvests to cover the outlay for the platinum.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Iv got a reflector 96 from Mars, about $170usd and Iv had great results, fan broke in shipping and they sent a replacement no problems, after sales service has been great.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi Wolfmoon, No offense to you, we indeed ask our customers repair their lights sometimes, that is because some of our customers hate wait, we also have repair center in USA, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia.

17. Hi Jay, yeah we will send the replacement if customers fix the light by their own, we know many people will think that it is a bad method to ask themselves to fix the light, but since we are in China, so we can only ask the native to repair the lights, and this is their part-time job, when you send the light to our repair center, they will fix the light, and then send back to you,it will take at least two weeks,some people can't wait so long, so we ask people fix the light own. Sorry I have no offense to you guys.

• Like Like x 2