PlatinumLED Mars-Hydro comparison grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Antics, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Shit Deez use the casing and heatsink for ur DIY leds there's a video on YouTube that show u how to make a Mars into a diy led been thinkin about doin my 2 300w Mars but the wife needs em for the veggies at the moment. Ima open the one I have sittin there doin NUTTIN and see what size the heat sink and driver r

2. Wit the code it should only b 900$. If ur growing in a square tent its best to go wit the xml series as their made for square tents.

3. you realise platinum are also built in china using chineese leds made by chineese people. Like most electronics.

I work in electeonics so even thonthe stiff i make is made in uk all the componants are from china... Dont slap china on something and say ots crap and the point being chineese.....

And the thread show a slight difference from mars old light. To the platinum p series.

I wouldnt say mars lights are crap not when 1.4gpw is very do able from the light.

But im not saying platinum are shit there not there good there good lights and grow plants.

Ive got some great examples of mars lights growing big plants with chunky colas.

4. Thanks Loki, considering their price and a first grow I was very undesive, platinum led that is, just personal experience it seems

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Platinum over Mars any day of the week IMO. If money is the issue go Mars. Like all things in life tho you get what you pay for. Pretty basic

CALI'S CORNER

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's all good, Loki. I just gave my opinion is all. It's a no brainer that most components come from China. I'm not in any way bashing China. I have many Chinese Canadian friends. I'm just merely suggesting that in China, they offer much less in the way of quality customer service then a westerner spending his hard earned money might be expecting. Yes the lights work, my plants like it. and I'm sure the pro series is really good. But I just think as a whole. Complete package. The platinum is at least 25% better a light. The customer service is 50% better, and the warranty is 60% better. And platinum is probably priced 30% higher. To me just makes sense.

I'm not trying to cause any trouble Loki, your awesome man. Of course you get great results with every Mars light you have. What you can do with a lit match is probably pretty good. And your sponsored by Mars, and you have a electronics background to build and tweak and fix anything to do with your led. I'm just giving my two cents is all. And I'm pretty new still on my first grow, so my two cents isn't really even worth two cents. But my first light was a Mars, my second was a platinum, and my third if purchased will be a platinum. For their whole package. Quality, integrity, customer service and warranty. I'm not invested in this, I don't care what he buys. But for the record I was one and done.

7. Im not sponsored by mars ive tested 2 lights and ive also tested afmdvance and twilight but never sponsored my opinion is not bought if there shit id say yes they had some issues with diodes but thats now recified. Just hate the bashing that goes on in places.

Yes i can fix my lights if they broke but theres repair centers in uk us and canada now i believe and lights are pretty easy to fix nothing special needed really except a soldering iron.

It just seemed you were bashing mars cause there built and made by chineese yet platinum are too except the owner is american and is based in america but there not made there or by american soldering standards. And actully id say mars lights are well soldered consoderong some of ther shit insee on the daily xbox controllers are horriblely soldered.

8. #1088 Dutty Panty, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2016
    Platinum over mars hands down.

Boys play with toys

9. Is this still being debated on this thread?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Truth is i dont know much about mars because i did not have them. However the platinums I received seems to be doing fabulous. Cannot wait for smoke test !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. Kill. Kill kill.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
  13. Nice setup, I wonder if the lighting of both hps and led on all plants gives any or extra pheno expressions that aren't found separately...

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1457458158925.jpg 1457458172584.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Platinum 450 in a four by two tent, plus an added G8 - 240.. 690 watts 425 (True Watts ) hopefully its not overkill or bleaching. What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  16. I would say over kill but more light is always better. At least you'll have 2 lights if u can get another tent someday

17. Just get a p600 for the 4x2

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm used to doing hps.
    I'm gonna rock 15 plants in a 15x5' space.
    Blue dream.
    Lookin for yield.
    I'm ised to doing earth juice in soil. Might look to hydro but I've never done hydro. 6 years organic experience. Indoor and out.
    Anyways back to lights.
    I'm leaning towards advanced XTE or platinum led. Someone suggested Area 51 and I'm doing the research but I feel info is so damn vague. Can I get any help?
    I'm still doing my research not asking for you to do all the work but this LED talk confused the shit out of me but I've been reading every night.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I got one question for aour experts i have 1x1x2m tent and using 400w hps now, i would like to go on led, would platinum P4-XML2 be enough for my space??

• Like Like x 1