Platinum P450 or 2X GalaxyHydro 600w or One ViparSpectra 900W

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by madafaker, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. So far growing with MH\HPS -2 units of 250w each
    Grow space 1m X 1m X 2mHeight
    Soil + organic nutes.
    Mediterranian climate - winter 10c-18c,summer 23c-30c
    So far i get good results for small plants (arround 2oz a plant and growing 4-6 plants) im growing mostly
    In winter as my lights heat the room well up to 22-25c-perfect condition,when lights are off i use 450w oil Radiator with digital thermostat to get from 16c to above 20c - also works well so i dont let my room drop below 17c even at cold nights of 8c.
    At peak summer i am avoiding indoor grow due to overheating in the grow room-sometimes i go outdoor and Sometimes not at all.
    Considering now applying LED lighting for summer and\or winter.
    Would like to have as many opinions as possible about which to buy:
    1 unit of PlatinumLED P450 - i heard thats the real thing and covers my room well
    OR
    2 units of GalaxyHydro 600
    OR
    1 or two units of ViparSpectra 900 or 600
    OR other recommendations.
    Cheers

2. I wouldn't bother with the GalaxyHydro lights. Check out the comparison video below for readings.

3. Those tests are bogus. 6" center reading of burple.
    Not all par is created equal.
    I would not recommend any of those three lights but if you were stuck on one it would be Plat.
    Check out Amare!

4. I almost went with Amare, but after checking out a few grows that used their lights I wasn't very impressed. I really liked their SE450, but ended up getting the P9-XML2. I had good results with the P4 so I stuck with Platinum. I'm also using a Timber cob setup so if I get better yields from the cob setup then I'll order order one of their 4x4 frameworks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's cool. I've seen people happy w/ their Plats too. Definitely better to buy from them then direct to E-Shine in China. Buying from Plat in the U.S. Makes sure your warranty is upheld & don't have to pay all that shipping & waiting BS dealing through E-Shine. Considering those factors it worth the extra couple hundred if that.
    I get great results w/ my Amares. I use x6 Pro-4's, x1 SE-450, & own a Pro-9 I haven't used much yet. Maybe the grows you saw utilizing them were newbies or undialed organics.
    I retired 8K watts worth of HPS to go all Amare & SunCloak. Real happy w/ both.
    Tried burple but it was a Hydroponics Hut & gave me terrible results side by side against my SE-450. Have that thread here. The beginning of the thread will show the side by side.

https://forum.grasscity.com/posts/23263738/

Feel like I got beet w/ the HH burple & prolly would've done better w/ Plat.
    Amare is awesome as far as I'm concerned though. Those Timbers are pretty sweet too. Cobs rock!
    Gotta thread I could follow?

6. A SE450 would be nice for my 4x4 and a Pro300 could go perfect in my 2x4. Wish they used in the CXB3590 in those lights. I did a lot of searching and the only complete grow I could find with a SE450 in 4x4 yielded about .7-.8 g/w. I did 1.27 g/w with 4 autos with the P4 in a 3x3. I think anything less than 1 g/w is pretty low when you're dropping some serious cash on lights.

Do you know of anyone that's using just a SE450 in a 4x4 that has completed a grow? What about someone with a Pro300 in a 2x4?

I don't really post any journals or anything online.

7. Check out that journal I posted for you. That was my first time using led & it was a an SE-450 in a 4'x4'. Got 1.22 GPW not counting in the 3oz. Of popcorn I got to make oil from not Loli-popping to test for light penetration.
    Why do you wish they were 3590's?
    My Pro-4's have 3590's. But 3070's are exactly the same efficiency. Just a smaller version. Running a 3070 @ 1/2 it's rated power capacity is exactly the same efficiency as running a 3590 @ 1/2 power n so on.
    Yeah, surprised there's not a bunch here on GC. There used to be mad growers repping Amare w/ great results here. Hu! I'll update my journal more for you if you're interested!
    I'll see if o can link you to some Amare grows later. My man BigSmo consistently yeilds 1.5 #'s off of each SE-450 every grow. And that's w/ 3 Autos per light. Last run he pulled 1.66 GPW w/ his 450's.
    I'll try to get you some links. Painting the veg room now.

8. Thanks for all the info. I just got off the phone with one of the guys from Amare. I might be putting an order in soon for 3- Pro300. 2- for my 4x4 and 1- for my 2x4. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. You'll be glad you did. Don't know if you'd be using them full cycle but if so, the monos switch on separately for veg & do a killer job. The plants go bonkers for the full spectrum!

10. Straight jacked this thread. Sorry, OP. Hybrid, can you send me links to other Amare grows? TIA

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Hybridway, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    These first 3 are mine. Other Amare growers post their grows on my threads too & you may be able to find more threads from them too.

http://www.rollitup.org/p/13341705/

http://www.rollitup.org/p/13025470/

http://www.rollitup.org/p/12831969/

My buddy BigSmo grow
    http://www.rollitup.org/p/13315700/

I'll get you more if you want. Should've been a bunch here on GC. Plenty of journals here I thought. Last year.
    There's tons of documented good results using Amares. I saw a bunch before buying my first one.
    Good luck! Lmk if I can help in any way.

12. I'm using the XML 350 by Advanced LED's. It's my first grow so I can't tell you based on my own experiences but I've never heard a bad thing about the lights sold by this company. I've seen plenty of good things and great results. Buy direct an ask for Nathan, He'll see that you save a few bucks.

Attached Files: