Platinum and diamond nails

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by DiamondDabs, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would ave to check their heat tolerances, but I could just not have a diamond and only have a platinum skillet. Plus, even a very low grade diamond should hold up to very extreme temperatures...well beyond metal melting points... But the diamond is just sweet. Carbon dabs are magic.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. So I used a wax mill I have, and made a skillet piece that would be supreme, but it would also jump the price quite a bit. It would be a flawless design, because of the mass, but it is quite a bit more Pt, and at almost $1400 an ounce, makes for a pricey nail. I'm getting it cast this next week, and make a mold, then start testing. Pics will be up soon. Once I know how much it is to make, I will be able to price it. I think I'm almost out of the beta phase, this new design is killer, but will come at a cost. the pro is that it is a precious metal, and i can offer a $60 buy back guarantee at any time. But If there isn't a market for a $400 nail, then I guess the whole idea is a bust. Is it worth making a few and going to a convention or something?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Hey I think its a great idea I was actually thinking about something similar. What grade diamonds are you using? because when I was contemplating this idea I found some BIG industrial diamonds for CHEAP. I also saw a video of a industrial diamond explode when super heated... so I think theres some kind of price/safety equilibrium you have to find with the diamond quality but I dont think you need to be using jewelry grade rocks like those appear to be. 

If you ever need a new source for custom glass attachments for your nails you can PM me  :ey:

4. Update?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. ...:( no update?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. ...

i kinda want an update too...  :(

7. I think there's a market, but it's definitly a niche market.  I don't think they'd really sell in your average head shop (at least from what I've seen) but I bet people into high end and high quality pieces would be iterested.  

8. Is the same guy that was making the diamond shaped gold slide?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Mail me one and I'll be happy to test it for you. [​IMG]

10. i have been trying nail after nail and then i had the exact same thought, a quick google search brought me here but no response? i hope to recieve an update as there is a market ONLINE for these nails, at least i can feel good about spending a lot of money on a product thats perfect

11. why the diamond?

Chef.

12. It was obv a scam. He sold shit nails to beta testers for 40 dollar profit. Quick way to make a buck using the Internet. Or maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.

13. Damn really I thought it would have been a good idea dabbin off a diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Sorry Blades but it looks like the OP hasn't been around for a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.