Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Plastic Vials vs. Baggies

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mcgrblunts, Nov 5, 2008.

1. So have any of you guys ever picked up bud, like a 20 bag or under 2 grams, and your dealer gives it to you in a plastic vial with a screw off top? Since Ive heard that normal plastic can actually leach thc from your bud over a period of time, I wanna know if it would be more advantageous to keep bud inside a hard plastic container?

2. put it in a glass jar. i only thought crack came in those little vials

3. I want to know where you heard that myth. Do you think the plastic gets high?

What do you think 'normal plastic' is, anyway?

Do you think there's a difference in the type of plastics used in each?

If anything, a plastic bag is worse. It doesn't protect your bud from being crushed, and the plasticizers in it that make it pliable could potentially leech into your bud.

Plastic vials are fine. The pharmaceutical industry uses them with no problem, right?

4. It's actually true that the TCH trichromes attach into the plastic of plastic baggies.... HDPE, which is what medicine bottles are mad out of, is inert to THC (I believe.).

5. Lol i was not implying that the thc got high dude. Does the isopropyl acohol get high when it LEACHES the THC from weed.....no.

And anyways yeah, I was pretty sure its true that soft plastic does leach trichs from your bud. Id get the little plastic vials all the time if i could.

Oh yeah, and btw, I do think that the plastic in each is different. The soft, pliable plastic bags obviously have different materials in them which make them the way they are which the hard plastic vials do not have. THINK about it.

6. yeah i know a dude who distributes grams of dankness and he gives em out in little containers like you're talking about. i love buying grams and always getting one :hello: And i'd definitely say it's better than a plastic bag...i mean all medical marijuana from dispensaries is given out in little plastic pill bottles...i would say it's a very good way to store bud, less risk of dropping/breaking a glass jar too!

7. The plastic pill containers (the ones you have to put pressure on and twist, not the ones that snap on) are perfect for keeping bud in for a few days.

Plastic baggies dont keep your bud nearly as fresh, itll dry out in no time.

Ive put it to the test.

Since I always blaze after work, I gotta keep my bud in something while its in the car.

Plastic container is the way to go.

8. Yeah I was definetly thinking the same thing. Id like to get a few but I have no idea where to even go about getting those lol

9. #9 Tru Ganjaman, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
    From a dealing perspective this is a great idea. He uses them because people love the novelty of it ( and don't have to buy a glass jar, unless it's large quantities) and if he gets booked with it, he won't have a bunch of baggies and won't be charged with intent to sell :smoking:

http://www.clarkecontainer.com/push-turn-vial.asp?grp_record_id=3

10. never

but i keep my bud in one

it keeps the stink in and the freshness too

11. #11 turnoffyourmind, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
    check this link

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/PlasticTubesVials.html

and for little plastic jars:

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/P2.html

my guy uses the hinge-lid ones, i looked at the bottom of one once, and it had a web adress on it, so i went to it :p

edit: you could probably even find these at a CVS, Walmart, or Michael's or something...

12. never got it but its a great idea. my dealers are to cheap to pay for those. last eighth i got was in a cigarette plastic thing with the opening melted shut. even that surprised me though

13. I usually get them in these reversible cap vials. They're just like the medicine containers I get at pharmacies. They work great and keeps the smell out.