Plastic or Fabric Pots?

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by artisanserif, Feb 11, 2015.

1. As a new member of this community, my first question is simple: Do you grow with plastic or fabric pots? If you wanna elaborate, I'm equally interested to know why you use one or the other. Looking to begin my grow in the coming months and I'm starting to throw together my plan of action. 

Thanks!

2.   I use plastic because they are what I could find at my local hardware store. The fabric pot is an interesting idea, but I'm not aware of any advantages/disadvantages. 

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated! I've heard some people say they'd rather clean the plastic containers more so than the fabric. 

Is that true? Just gauging this fine community :) 

Thanks to everyone to helps me on my quest! 

4. I use fabric 5 gallon smart pots and I like them a lot. The roots have access to more oxygen and it helps with drainage. you can wash and reuse them a few times as well.

5.   Well, if fabric means I can throw it in the washing machine I'm down.

Hopefully someone can clear that up for us. I haven't read anywhere that people throw them in their washer machine. 

7. Totally forgot I made this thread! Glad I looked back at my posts :) 

Has anyone seen the Slucket as an option? I really wanna try these out for the system i'm building...they look legit but I'm a complete beginner. Not sure what to do.

https://slucket.com

What do y'all think?

i've put mine in the washing machine.. just use that hippie soap with no chemicals or perfumes.

9. Fabric for hotter climates, but as I'm a mobile grower, (moving my plants about a lot) I like to protect the rootzone and use black, hard ..plastic round pots as I don't like to pinch them precious roots with square pots either  ....good luck