plastic cups sexing how soon. lr2/bagseed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whitie, May 3, 2008.

1. Ok heres my question i know how to tell the sex of a plant thats not the question here, im growing some lowryder #2 and some bag seed,

For the lowryder #2 how soon can i tell if its male or female and will be it be before or after i transfer it out of the plastic cup?

And same question for just regular seeds?

i have limited space and i dont want to have to transplant 2 or 3 times before i know the sex, id rather just go from the plastic cup the seedlings go into and then straight into the pot it will be in for the rest of its life span.

2. Depending on the strain, you may be able to make an educated guess from preflowers 3-4 weeks into veg, but you'll only know for sure when you see the flowers beginning to form a week or so after you switch to 12/12 (though you'll have to watch the lowryder more carefully, since you won't have to switch lighting schedules for it).

As for when to transplant, that's a matter of preference. But you can transfer to a large pot whenever you want and let the plants grow there for the rest of their lives. I'd recommend doing it earlier rather than later, and I'd absolutely not recommend leaving the plants in the plastic cups until you're able to sex them.

3. I'd transfer after 2 weeks personally.