Plasma lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ud2011, Jul 17, 2012.

1. GAVITA Pro 300 LEP US

Wow its the best of both worlds great spectrum and low heat. Now im interested High possibility of replacing HID

2. 18000 lumens from 300W is alot similar to CFL lighting.... wonder how it compares?

400W HPS has around 50k lumens. 200W lotus CFL is advertised at 15000 lumens.
    But it all depends how it is usable by the plant....

3. Yea I would love to see some compassion grows.The spectrum is very usable and If you see the curve. Because its new u gonna pay allot up front. But the technology isnt complex and i see this in the next 3-5 years coming down once more companies make these

[​IMG] Check out the spectrum compared to actual sunlight too.

4. Dunno if you new to looking into lighting schemes but every year that goes buy is supposed to be the year of Plasma lights. Year after year they show models, demos and 1...they never come out, or 2 they are priced so high its stupid.

The biggest issue with lighting is growing with lights is just a side intention for there use its no any lighting delivery's systems primary point of use. The main is street lights, auto lighting, house lighting etc.

That being said the costs never will come down because those will never be used in mass.

What the world has pretty much settled on as the future of lights is LED. LED for growing is another story but has made great strides and is there imo. (Own a California Lightworks Solarstorm 800w). As time goes on expect LEDs to expand there spectrum even more with developments...and a whole lot faster then Plasma ever comes down in price.

A good example of superior not winning out is Plasma TVs vs LEDS. Plasma TVs were superior in every form then LEDs at first and still rival the best LEDs in many cases. The issue was output by volume. Plasma TV factorys only make plasmas for one thing..large screen tvs. LCD factories make every concievable size of LCD for every industry effectively lowering the cost to make them. For years LCD makers lost money on large screen but recouped them on the smaller ones. As time went on Plasma could not compete and LCD makers over came any advantage that Plasma makers with improvements in technology.

Same thing will happen with the LED world. Plasma lighting will always most likely be fringe and expensive. Like I said every year since they announced them it was supposed to be the year for them just like 2012 was supposed to be.

5. I guess we will see. I just really like the spectrum similarities to the sun I mean wow. Im still on the bench wit LEDs. I wish there were more legit grows using these lighting systems to compare results.

6. Well usually people are dictated by there pocket books and HPS is dirt cheap. I do like my Solarstorm though.

A good example of the geometric improvement of LEDs is just in the last 5-6 years have gone from 1 band to 2 bands, to 3 to 11 in some models.

I think the world is big enough for all forms of lights though. For some odd reason its always this vs that.

7. I saw this in a grow. You can only veg with it but it's veg power was insane because it replaced a 600w mh and put to shame in a 4x4 tent. And the guy said that the plants looked way better and grew faster. Google bro they have some journals with this in action. I don't remember the person who had it sadly at the moment but when I remember I will let you know.