plants WON'T GROW!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bigdulk, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Okay so i definitely shocked the hell out of these babies when i switched from a 75 fluor to a 400watt hps. I put it at 18 inches to start (big mistake). Two of my four are donzo but i still have one great looking one and another that is mediocre. I would post pics but it is so frustrating trying to get them on this site. anyways this is like week 5 in seedling stage and they are still 3-5 inches tall, I know i stunted the growth but they haven't budged!! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. My buddy who gave me the seeds has 400w h5 lights and his are at 12-14 inches now, blew me out of the water :devious:. Please help, thanks :wave:

2. Haha, Anony. On another forum I hang out in, they have a form that they make everyone fill out when they want help with a plant problem. It's amazing how easy it is to diagnose a sick plant when you have all the pertinent info right at your fingertips.

3. Thats a great idea.... I am going to PM you on this subject if you dont mind.

4. maybe the root space is constricted? The light switch might cause sex problems but sudden growth stop I have not really seen.

5. A few things can cause this problem... bad pH... constricted roots from too compacted soil... severe temps of either hot or cold. Also low or high nutes... overwatering...

think i got them all.

peace n pot

6. Nope... forgot lack of Co2 to the grow space.