Plants With Sides Curling Up on Sides

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Josdell, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Hey all, how are you?

I've got 4 plants, all of them are growing beautifully in a 3 to 4 foot ft squared area. The biggest lady is about 4 weeks? I don't really know. She had a whitefly infestation I took care of and the soil I used to grow for the newer plants were infested with something, but all that is taken care of (spiders are my friends).

Anyway, what I'm here to ask about is that on the big plant, about one foot tall, the leaves are like a "V", literally that shape. Not all of them though. It isn't heat stress or excessive transpiration (though that did happen two nights ago I showered the plants with lights off, fan blowing on em really hard, turned the lights on after 6 hours, kind of a mistake, but growth was explosive afterwards). I'm pretty sure what is causing this V is my light set up. None of my CFLs are above the plant, they are on the sides. I have 2 oversized 75 Watt CFLs daylight (7200k?) and two yellow 2700k 25 watt bulbs, making kind of like a circle, and all my plants take from these lights. so I'm thinking the leaves are getting like that to get more light on their surfaces.

Anyone with any experience on this? Should I at least get another 25 watt cfl directly above her? The lights are above all the little ones. I don't want too much vertical growth, but all my new leaves are getting huge which is where most maturity will eventually take place correct? Any help appreciated.

2. It's quite hard for GC community to help you with sick plants unless photos are available.

3. What's the ph of your soil/ water runoff?

Honestly it may just be that they're stretching up towards the light. Sometimes I see leaves hangin out like normal, 3 hours later they're all pointed up towards the light with a slight V in the leaves, a little while later they're fine again. Just watch em, make sure ph is ok, and u should b fine