plants wilting and dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by al3k5, Aug 14, 2011.

1. not surprised with the male considering how the plant started and the temps it was experiencing :p.
    Good try though man, im glad it turned out as healthy as it was! Good growing next time bro!

Hash with a male plant? Male plants produce little to no THC.

Note on growing it to get seeds? The male plant needs to pollinate a female, and the female's bud would contain seeds. A pure male plant does not produce seeds. If it is a hermie, im sure you will get plenty of seeds and also you could make hash with it.

Looks straight male to me

2. This thread turned out pretty good with you guys helping him out a lot of good lessons here. I am just sorry your plants a male. Plant more seeds and when you get a know female you will then be ready to learn about cloning its really not difficult at all if you can follow directions you will have some success your first time, Then you will not have to worry about your plants being male ever again.

3. Haha yeah it had some rough days in the beginning. Does not look hermie yet, but we will see. Seeds would be good so I may save it for that reason, if not I've got plenty of good seeds left and my setup is complete so ill deff give it another go here after I see what happens to this guy. Thanks to everyone for all the help and feedback!

4. ^^ You do not want to grow any seeds from a hermie as the off spring will also carry the genetic trait that makes plants hermies.

You should plant seeds now and if you want to keep the male alive just to gain growing experience that would be OK. Just make sure to get rid of the male before the new young plants begin to flower. You also want to clip off the balls before they open and spew pollen all over your grow area.

If your tolerance is very low you can get a mild buzz from the male if you smoke enough but the tastes is pretty bad.

Good Luck

5. [quote name='"Mr. Mojorising"']^^ You do not want to grow any seeds from a hermie as the off spring will also carry the genetic trait that makes plants hermies.

You should plant seeds now and if you want to keep the male alive just to gain growing experience that would be OK. Just make sure to get rid of the male before the new young plants begin to flower. You also want to clip off the balls before they open and spew pollen all over your grow area.

If your tolerance is very low you can get a mild buzz from the male if you smoke enough but the tastes is pretty bad.

Good Luck[/quote]
    How long do you think until the balls open up? I noticed em last night for the first time, ill prob cut it down.

6. Going to pull it tonight, already have some good nug seeds germinating so hopefully ill get something good this second time around!

7. The deed is done!

Attached Files:

8. Any ideas to how I can set up the tubes to be closer to the plants next time around? I had them sitting on top of the box
    Last time, but they were too far from the plants, you think I could set them on their sides inside the box? One in each corner?