plants wilting and dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by al3k5, Aug 14, 2011.

1. [quote name='"al3k5"']

Hey dude, ya I already thought about that but passive intake is good only when you have a vacuum in your grow area, and I do not because the top of my box is open....thanks for the idea though.[/quote]

And I am trying to bring in cold air, cause I'm having temp issues. I'm at 85 with lights on, and around 80 with off. I'm hoping this new addition of fans will save me somewhat.

2. 80 when ur lights are off, You have a/c in the room? Also, u may have said this b4 but is that 85 at the top of the canopy?

In my personal grow i had a about a 10-15 degree difference from the soil surface and at the top of the canopy(about 12 inches above the soil)
    Soil surface was ~75
    Canopy ranged from 84-89

85 is not bad at all, i thought u were in the 90s!

3. [quote name='"Araltus"']80 when ur lights are off, You have a/c in the room? Also, u may have said this b4 but is that 85 at the top of the canopy?

In my personal grow i had a about a 10-15 degree difference from the soil surface and at the top of the canopy(about 12 inches above the soil)
    Soil surface was ~75
    Canopy ranged from 84-89

85 is not bad at all, i thought u were in the 90s![/quote]

Yeah there is a/c in the room, its close to 80 though with a/c on. And yes its at the top of the canopy, pretty close to the lights, ill post a good pic of where its at. I heard it should never go above 80? And I was in the 90's earlier without those 2 fans. Have 3 more coming this week.

4. #104 Araltus, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2011
    Ideally below 80 yes. 80-84 solid/good growing conditions imo.

I dont suppose there is anyway to lower the ambient temp of the room? If your box is intaking 80 degree air it can only cool the box so much

5. post pics of setup so we know what you got so we can help you better are you growing in a closet or just a open room with a box with no lid pics man pics

6. [quote name='"chad0200"']post pics of setup so we know what you got so we can help you better are you growing in a closet or just a open room with a box with no lid pics man pics[/quote]

Already have...can you not see them?

7. yea i found them doent look like it be to hard to put top on dont think it heat making wilt might be too much water only water every 4 days

8. [quote name='"chad0200"']yea i found them doent look like it be to hard to put top on dont think it heat making wilt might be too much water only water every 4 days[/quote]

Yeah man already took care of water issue a while ago. And I don't think I can put a lid on box because my lights rest ontop of the sides of the box...

9. if you got like 80 bucks just get a tent off ebay fix your prob

10. [quote name='"chad0200"']if you got like 80 bucks just get a tent off ebay fix your prob[/quote]

Yea currently have no cash at all lol...

11. Update pics...flowering day 3 I think..

Attached Files:

12. just a thought did u put one fan thats sucking cool air in on the oppsite side of the box that u have the fan sucking out the hot air? if u place the fans right above each other all ur doing is suckin the fresh air right out as soon as it comes in.. hope this helps.

13. [quote name='"FinallyLegal4Me"']

just a thought did u put one fan thats sucking cool air in on the oppsite side of the box that u have the fan sucking out the hot air? if u place the fans right above each other all ur doing is suckin the fresh air right out as soon as it comes in.. hope this helps.[/quote]

Yep, I have that explained already and have some pics of it. But thanks bro!

14. I think I see balls! :( let me know!

Attached Files:

15. Got all the fans up and running. Now have 3 at the bottom for intake, and 2 at the top for exhaust at opposite ends. Temps seemed to have dropped a bit.

Attached Files:

16. You did not need all those fans man. I was having the same problem get rid of the foil n paint those walls flat white and get rid of the shop lamps too that will help you out so much on temps. And from what I have read on here its better to have more exuast then intake

17. But only more exuast if the box is sealed ur good

18. [quote name='"al3k5"']I think I see balls! :( let me know![/quote]

I think you're right.

19. Ur a proud father of a healthy male mj plant. Take that fucker out asafp. Unless u like seedy weed.

20. [quote name='"Erbalist"']Ur a proud father of a healthy male mj plant. Take that fucker out asafp. Unless u like seedy weed.[/quote]

Haha yeah its the only one we got, I think well grow it to get some seeds, prob make hash.