plants wilting and dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by al3k5, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Idealy you want temps around 75-80. fans!

2. So I started my scrog, made a trellis tonight. Should I wait for the tops to pop through, or weave them through now, I sort of tried but they are not long enough. I also put a fan inside, I hope it lowers the temps, before the fan they were 85, going to see if they drop with it. Humidity is 60. I am limited on space, and it has stretched, should I flower now? I seem to have 6 tops, all pretty much on the same level. Tips?

Attached Files:

3. Forgot the pics again

Attached Files:

4. Glad to see your lady is doing well man! I am assuming you were able to drop your temps down from the 90s/100s i hope! Make sure your taking your readings from where the top of your canopy is. If your still getting high temps you must drop these.

I had said this in a much earlier post but I still hold firm in that you cannot wall your grow area in and just leave the top open. Even if there is a fan inside your grow box, your mostly blowing around stagnant/old air. Yes removing one of your walls you lose some reflectivity but that is not as significant compared to how much your temps might drop and the fresh air that your plant wants!!

If you dont want to take any walls down, I highly recommend cutting a hole and using a pc fan for intake of outside air. I promise your gal will love you for this

5. [quote name='"Araltus"']Glad to see your lady is doing well man! I am assuming you were able to drop your temps down from the 90s/100s i hope! Make sure your taking your readings from where the top of your canopy is. If your still getting high temps you must drop these.

I had said this in a much earlier post but I still hold firm in that you cannot wall your grow area in and just leave the top open. Even if there is a fan inside your grow box, your mostly blowing around stagnant/old air. Yes removing one of your walls you lose some reflectivity but that is not as significant compared to how much your temps might drop and the fresh air that your plant wants!!

If you dont want to take any walls down, I highly recommend cutting a hole and using a pc fan for intake of outside air. I promise your gal will love you for this[/quote]

Ok thanks for checking up on me again. And yeah I may take a wall down, but not sure cause my friend wants it to be concealed to some extent. I did cut a hole on the bottom of one side, don't know if you saw it? So just one fan to suck air into the box? Do I need one to blow air out? And how do I go about rigging a fan like this to an outlet?

6. Put a pc fan ontop of ur box to pull the hot air out. U will also need a pc fan on the botton for intake. Those temps are way to high. And foil creates hotspots that might burn ur plants. Take care of the heat issue asafp!!!!

7. [quote name='"Erbalist"']Put a pc fan ontop of ur box to pull the hot air out. U will also need a pc fan on the botton for intake. Those temps are way to high. And foil creates hotspots that might burn ur plants. Take care of the heat issue asafp!!!![/quote]

Do I need to buy 2 pc fans? I have that red fan in a photo will that not work for one of them?

8. Sure the red fan will work. I used pc fans for the noise. Pc fans arecquite and do a good job when used correctly. Idk what kinda funds ur working with. But remember this u get what u pay for. Unless ur like me and build everything urself.

9. [quote name='"Erbalist"']Sure the red fan will work. I used pc fans for the noise. Pc fans arecquite and do a good job when used correctly. Idk what kinda funds ur working with. But remember this u get what u pay for. Unless ur like me and build everything urself.[/quote]

How do you go about getting power to those pc fans? Because of the connection they have? in other words how do I plug them into an outlet?

10. [quote name='"al3k5"']

How do you go about getting power to those pc fans? Because of the connection they have? in other words how do I plug them into an outlet?[/quote]

You would splice ur power cord to fan n splice a extension cord male end re wire it wire nut it then plug it in if it doesn't work switch wires around

11. I got a easyer fix just go to compusa and buy a fan controler. Cost 10 bucks and has 4 varible speed controls. Plugs into any 120v outlet

12. Btw pc fans run on dc not ac. U would need like a 12 volt phone charger and do the rewiring. I just dont like to fuck with electricity. Big fire hassard

13. Very true well hmm I think he's got the best answer for ya

14. [quote name='"Erbalist"']
    Btw pc fans run on dc not ac. U would need like a 12 volt phone charger and do the rewiring. I just dont like to fuck with electricity. Big fire hassard[/quote]

Yeah I do not need a fire hazard, especially because its my friends place, I was thinking of using one of them laptop cooling pads with fans? They run about 6$ from what I've found. They use usb and I can use an ipod wall outlet charger?

15. I dnt see why not man just be careful

16. That's a lot. I have 3' plants in 3gal buckets that I only water every 3 days.

Are they dry when you water them?

17. So I bought one of those laptop cooling fans. About 5$, well I bought 2 but only had one usb adaptor, so only set that one up. I will go and buy another one here soon. I hope that fan lowers the temps, its at 90F now, we will see what diff it makes. I have the red fan below sucking cool air in, or I hope so, this is temporary until I get the second computer fan up. Any tips, suggestions comments?

Attached Files:

18. [quote name='"al3k5"']So I bought one of those laptop cooling fans. About 5$, well I bought 2 but only had one usb adaptor, so only set that one up. I will go and buy another one here soon. I hope that fan lowers the temps, its at 90F now, we will see what diff it makes. I have the red fan below sucking cool air in, or I hope so, this is temporary until I get the second computer fan up. Any tips, suggestions comments?[/quote]

All the photos

Attached Files:

19. If you leave the top open you should be ok, but one pc fan sucking in air from the outside would be great with the walled in setup.

Im sure there are tutorials all over youtube for rewiring pc fans to fit a wall outlet.

20. Note on your red fan, you just have it sitting next to a hole. It would be best and more efficient if you created a vacuum to join them together.

Lose the tin foil if you can. Wal-mart sells emergency blankets for like 3$ in the hunting/fishing/camping section.