Plants wilting and dying...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GrowingTheDream., Jul 19, 2018.

1. This is the 2nd plant to wilt up and start dying on me.

First thought was under watered. I use blumats so i just thought maybe it got messed up amd stopped watering, so i reset my blumats and watered the plant.

24 hours later it hasnt bounced back and starting to think this is something else...

This is the 2nd plant of 4 to start doing this... I chopped down the first one aboht a week ago and now this one.

Im using no till soil in 20 gallon pots. I have been growing for 2 years now and havnt changed anything but now plants are dying?

Im in wk 7 flower, now 3/4 of plants left and it looks like a 2nd mite dye. I cant loose another.
    20180719_083425.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Root problems . Root rot or root aphids are a possibility .

"carpe diem et fumum viriditas"

3. Did you pull the other plant and check the roots?

4. I just cut it down and tossed it. But the roots are still in the pot.

Also i did notice alot of what i thought were mites on the soil. I just though they were soil mites.

5. Are you sure they are soil mites . Have plenty of other bugs

6. I would have to look at them under a scope when i get home....

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am dealing with root mealy bugs . Good growth then one day it just wilts. [​IMG]

8. Depending hoe the plant looks when i get home i will ripe it out and see whats going on.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Best thing to do is see why your root health took a dive . It usually shows around mid flower with my pests too . Probably because the extra nutes the plants need in that stage

10. This is a mystery indeed. I also think this could be pest related. The fact the plant in the front looks relatively ok says that its not the blumat or a problem with watering (also since watering didnt help) but as @Islandgrower said some kind of pest, which pest tho i dont know but seems as if something is killing the roots.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

11. I saw a ton of brownish mites in the soil but i just chalked it up soil mites...

When i get home il take some pics under a scope to check them out. Also depending on how the plant looks... Il rip it out and check the roots.

• Like Like x 1
  12. A good organic soil will have mites, I'm not sure the root eating kind you will see crawling around in the soil.

13. Does this look like over watering?

14. No it looks like underwatering if anything. But since you said you watered them it can only mean the roots are dead, or severely damaged. How fast did this happen, going from looking ok to this?
    what strikes me weird is that if this was a pest munching on roots you would assume at least some of the roots would still function, but this looks like water was completly cut off from the plant, as if it was cut completely off the roots.

Makes me think, could this be a stem borer? Would explain the total lack of water reaching the plant if they munch out the whole base of the stem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sometimes pythium happens but that is progressive from branch to branch .

16. #16 old shol4evr, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

17. 180719_180316.jpg 180719_180322.jpg 180719_180256.jpg

Sorry these guys were very fast but they dont look like aphids... Also saw some little white long bugs. Tried to get a pic of them but everything was moving alot.

I know ehat happened and i forgot about it.. Im a fucking idiot.

I am battling spider mites and when i forst transplanted these i thought it be a good idea to put a little vasoline around the trunk of the plants to trap any bugs...

I wipe the vasoline off this dying plant and the trunk is fucked up. It stopped it from growing which probqly why the plant isnt drinking... Cuz it cant..

Here is a pic of the trunk after i wiped off the vasoline.. 20180719_180610.jpg

18. Have these plants in question been brought in from outside sources?

19. No everything is made in house...

20. I will ponder...

I would like to see the most recently discarded plant's root structure.