Plants vs tent size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by downsouthgrowin, Mar 25, 2012.

1. How many plants can I fit in a 36 x 36 x72 tent? I have a larger tent, and this one is for a mom, but I cant help but feel like I should maximize this tent while I can, and grow more.

2. I've got a 39 x 39 tent (just a little bigger than yours, and I've got 8 in there right now. If you're planning on getting the most out of your space, get a reflector/hood that'll spread the light evenly across the whole space.

I have cool tubes in my tents, and while they do work just fine, I've noticed that the light distribution isn't exactly the best - wish I would've gone with a wider air cooled hood.

How many watts you planning on putting in there?

3. id do 4 plants in a 3x3 with a 600w light.

4. Im thinking of cutting my tents up, I have 2, and lining my whole grow area with them, and tripling my volume. My other tent is about 3ft x 6ft x 5ft, so I can make the whole room a big tent. Im thinking I can keep my mother in a 24 x 24 x 60? Is that big enough for a mother plant?

5. You can buy that same reflective material for pretty cheap...I wouldn't go cutting up your tents - that just seems like something you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for later.

6. That was my original idea too, but the guy that bought the tents wanted to cut them up.

7. Well, as long as it's no money out of your pocket I suppose...

8. You should seriously talk him out of cutting the tents. Shit if he was my buddy I'd even offer to pay for some Mylar and install it to boot. Your talking about cuting up $200-$300's in tents when Amazon sells 100 foot rolls of Mylar for less then $50 shipped.

9. Definitely DO NOT CUT those tents. Sell them and buy Mylar. Jeebus!!!

I've done 8 plants in my 3x3 and it was WAY too crowded!
    Did 6 and it was still kinda crowded.
    Think I might go with 5 from now on.

10. The tents have been saved. I put my foot down, and we arent cutting them up. We going to keep them, and buy mylar for my grow area.