Plants vs. Light vs. Nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by etnad0, Nov 21, 2011.

1. The argument has nothing to do with my question at all. I simply asked if I needed more light or nutes or was plant growth dependent on genetics. Then it turned into a dumb conversation about watts and lumens. An answer to my question would have been "yes you need more lights" or "you need more nutes" or "it's all in the genetics". However, only 1 person so far has actually answered the question.

2. yea it turned into that because you got offened by people saying you didnt put the actual wattage, if you look the guy just asked you if you were sure those were the "actual wattage, and not the equivilant of incandecent". people always make that mistake of saying the equivilant, so he was making sure you firstly knew what you were saying, im sure if you didnt take offence to it, he would have continued to answer your question. Your right it had nothing to do with your questions so why did you even feel the need to tell us off. If your such a genious as you stated you should already know that yes, more light will obviously get your plant growing faster, it would speed up all aspects of photosynthisis. Nutes obviously wouldnt play a bigger role, can you grow a plant without lights?...no, can you grow a plant without nutes?, yes. And genetics has everything to do with with plant growth, if you want a small, quick growing begginner plant you'd get something like, widow skunk, or snow ryder, which grows to be around 20 inches tall. Or if you wanted a high yeild, time consuming plant, youd get something such as hash bomb, or pineapple chunk....

3. I didn't take offense at all. I said what I said because that's the way it is. What difference does it make how much wattage is consumed to put out equivalent light? I've seen LED growers using less than 100w and still getting good grows. Some people are just to hard headed to learn the difference between Lumens and Watts. Watts is consumption Lumens is light output. Sorry for using CORRECT terminology. My background is in film and photography and if you don't know what you're talking about you look like an amateur. I can guarantee you that if you buy a light meter, it isn't reading watts. It's reading Lumens.

Sorry if being straight forward offends some people. I'm not offended at all so don't make assumptions.

4. [quote name='"etnad0"']

I didn't take offense at all. I said what I said because that's the way it is. What difference does it make how much wattage is consumed to put out equivalent light? I've seen LED growers using less than 100w and still getting good grows. Some people are just to hard headed to learn the difference between Lumens and Watts. Watts is consumption Lumens is light output. Sorry for using CORRECT terminology. My background is in film and photography and if you don't know what you're talking about you look like an amateur. I can guarantee you that if you buy a light meter, it isn't reading watts. It's reading Lumens.

Sorry if being straight forward offends some people. I'm not offended at all so don't make assumptions.[/quote]

Hid lights ARE better....they yield better.
    I doubt anyone is getting 1 gram to 1 equivalent watt on cfls....we average 1.02 per watt using hps but have gotten as high as 1.2g per watt.
    We are medical growers....we have tried all kinds of lights. 600 watt hps is the most efficient....then comes 1000 watt.
    (based on yield per watt and our experience....docent mean it will be the same for you)

Using actual watts is the industry standard.

SignSmoker

5. "My background is in film and photography and if you don't know what you're talking about you look like an amateur", so basically what your trying to do is look like you know more than us to try and seem like your not an amature. Your being so literally with something so simple. So what exactly are you asking cause ive yet to see your point.. you said you wanna know about nutes, lumens, genetics, but you wont shut up about wattage. Listen no one cares that you do things completely wrong, you can continue to try and prove that you know something extravagant, but you just look dumb dude. Your making this so complicated for no reason

6. actually, there are very few light meters that read out in lumens, Lux and footcandles are actually the standard for those. :)

7. etnad0 youve pretty much been proved wrong in every angle of your arguement now, i suggest you just stop posting here before you get laughed out of the fourms