Plants unhappy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by packedup, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Im not sure what im doing wrong. I seem to give better advise than listening to myself for my own grow.
    One is a Strawberry Cough and the other is Blueberry, both are fem seeds. Their both in small pots, not sure of the size. Im using FF Happy Frog with nothing added to the soil, yet. Seems like the water drains slow, thinking of adding perlite to the new soil when i transplant.

I have a tendency to over water, at least in the early stages for some reason. But a week or two ago i noticed that they were both looking a little droopy. It was a couple days since the last water, the pot felt light so i watered. There wasn't much of a change in the look of the plant or growth. a couple days later the Blueberry perked right up, and the Strawberry Cough did a little as well. After another day or two the Strawberry Coughs leaves went limp, seemed like they wanted water since its been a few days since their last watering. Decided to water again and add 1/2 a teaspoon of FF Grow Big per gal. The Blueberry plant loved it, perked up even more but started to show rust spots on the leaves. The Strawberry Cough showed no improvement, got a little note burn on the new growth and showed a little CalMag def on the lower leaves. Today the CalMag issue is getting worse ( i think its the issue) and there is still zero growth.

Im going to head to the hydro store to get some CalMag for the next watering in a couple days. Any idea on what my issue could be?
    CalMag?
    Over watering?
    Nute lock?
    PH issue?
    All of the above?

Also ive been PHing the water to 6.5 and Phd the water after i added the nutes that one time. These plants are under 1 600w Mars Hydro LED light( old model) 18 inches from the top of the tallest plant Strawberry cough. The first 3 pics are the Strawberry Cough and the last two are the Blueberry

Attached Files:

2. @packedup
    As long as the new growth is coming on fast and green I don't get overly concerned about old growth as the plants consumes or discards old fans at need.
    One thing I'd change is the pots. Start in shorter, square, smaller pots. 3x3x3 inch is my starter as it doesn't fall over very easy. Small enough to dry out fast and I get lots of them in a small space.
    [​IMG]
    Like so. This bunch just moved up to 5x5x7 inch pots yesterday. Tall narrow pots are hard to water so the tap root is likely stone dry still despite your watering. When it finally does get enough water the large pot keeps it to wet to long further slowing growth.
    BNW

3. Thats my problem is that there isn't any new growth at all on either at all. Both have new growth that has started but everything has halted. The only thing that has changed was the over watering stress, little rust spots on lower leaves and today dying lower leaves. I may have been confusing when i mentioned note burn on the new growth, that was just nute burn on the new growth that has halted. These two plants haven't had any new growth in at least two weeks.

I usually start my seeds off in solo cups and they have always grown so fast and healthy looking and slowed a little when i would transplant them into a 5 gal pot waiting for the roots to get their base. This time around i didnt have any solo cups and didnt want to run out and grab more so i put it in this pot. The pot is about half of a solo cup bigger. I figured it would have a slow start because it needs to make more roots for the pot, which it did grow really slow at first. Once the root ball took, the plants exploded and grew like crazy. When they got this size they stopped growing all together. Id water until i saw drainage , not just a drop but enough that the whole pot was getting wet, about 10% of the water for drainage. Id water again when the pots felt light.

This is my first time using FF Happy Frog. Ive seen people say that they like using it for veg so i thought to give it a shot and use some nutes for veg. Normally i used FF Ocean Forest which i didnt need nutes for veg. The soil was a little hot burning a couple tips but the plants loved it and grew fast. With people using Happy Frog and not having any issues, so that makes me think im doing something wrong. Just want to figure whats going on so i can learn from making this mistake again and move onto a different mistake as i learn more.

Am i just over watering continuously which is stressing the plant out which is causing it not to produce new growth?

It seems like the roots have taken to the pot, i can see a couple roots on the holes on the bottom of the pot. If the roots have filled the pot then why would the plant droop like it needs water (the steam of the leaf starts to bend down)?

If i get some CalMag for the rust spots on the leaves and just water less to solve my issue? I seem to always second guess myself and think its worse that it actually is when i first see symptoms of something

I forgot to add that the temps have been staying at 73 degrees at all times, day and night. Is that to low? I can turn the other light on but with the fan turned up all the way it sits at 83 degrees

4. Both to much and to little water can produce the same head down symptoms but the pot will weigh nothing at all if the wilt is dry caused. Simple enough test lift the pot. Feather light water it. Still has some heft put it back down a few more days. FFOF doesn't give me any issues at any size plant. Never messed with HF.
    BNW