Plants too close to light and BURNING

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by davidwest69, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Hey all! 

I'm currently in the 1-2 week of flower according to my Canna grow chart. I'm 4 weeks behind and I also vegged for an usually extra 4 weeks because of personal circumstances which I'm regretting greatly!

This means my plants are taller then I wanted them to be any there causing me oh so many issues.

I've tried to bend things back a little but I'm really struggling with the tips of the plant burning off.

I've attached some pictures and as you can see there's a lot of burnt ass plant at the top and in other areas the flowerings are forming fine.

Feeding wise im starting to fill the 30L reservoir I have up after 2-3 days and EC wise I know I'm very low in comparison to the canna grow guide which advises 2.0 EC at my stage... 

Any advice is appreciated! :smoking:

600w lumatek - hydro - pebbles - canna feed - currently at .6 EC after flushing today and 5.8-6.0 PH

Attached Files:

2. too much heat

3. Is there any space left to raise your light?
    Can you add a fan blowing across the light to disperse the heat?
    Could you change out to reflector to a cooltube?

You could try some major super cropping and then support the bends with strings.

Gotta.change something!!

4. 7

Thanks for your reply! I certainly agree that something needs to be changed and quickly! 

I have no space at all to raise the light - If I do I start to burn the top of the tent which is a no no...understandably right?

Theres already a fan blowing across the light but theres still burn all over.

I've definitely thought of the cooltube but at the moment I don't have the funds to buy one. I don't grow to make money I only grow to smoke so I'm not sure when I'll be getting one of those.

I think the only option I have is to bend the plants back one by one but I still fear a lot of my crop will be damaged by this light.

I have dimmed with light down to 400w instead of 600w but would that not slow down the entire flowing stage? 

5. Not WILL be it is already damaged, you gotta do something about it or you are going to lose the crop, but LSTing them back out of the way should have been top priority before they started to burn.

Thanks Captain Obvious!

7. 😅

8. #8 str8jacket, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Speaking of 'obvious', there's more stress going on there than just the tops being too close to the light.

9. I think the only option I have is to bend the plants back one by one but I still fear a lot of my crop will be damaged by this light.

I have dimmed with light down to 400w instead of 600w but would that not slow down the entire flowing stage?

You need to chop your dead tops off get rid of that shriveled up shit and start at all your tops and tie them down bending them the most you can without snapping. As where they are going to upright themselves in a little amount of time and continue to grow for a little bit. As far as dimming your ballast no it won't "slow" down your flowering I don't know where you would have gotten that from, all it will do is decrease your yield since it's getting less light. This maybe part of your solution as well turn it down and see if that heat is manageable.

Also if I were you coming on here to ask people for help I wouldn't going around insulting them when they try to give you tips you could use now or in the future...if it was so obvious why didn't you do it in the first place.

G

10. #10 hihl, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    this guy........[​IMG]

11. #11 jras2218, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Yup bud your attitude are just like your plants they fucking suck... Good luck with your shwag,

G

So obvious that you had to ask. Good luck with your house fire