Plants to tall lights maxed out

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dannydandan, Aug 21, 2018.

1. 9ECA1D6E-2B8F-4510-89DE-CFAE528AD425.jpeg got 18 star dawg in a small tent which grew very fast in veg in now 4 th week into flower my problem is a few tops are burning close to light so I’ve turned lights down for now my question is would cutting the tops off say maby 6 inch off each would that effect yield a lot??

Attached Files:

2. I would gently tie them down enough to get some distance from the light.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. WTF, Dannydandandandan. People around here are constantly telling you that the stretch is going to double and triple the height. I don't see that kind of stretch in mine (2 ft flip generally produces a 3 ft plant for me)...but what the hell were you thinking.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Snap em

• Like Like x 1
  5. Look up super cropping

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #6 Calyx-o, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    If it were me i would start super cropping

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. While I supercrop pretty extensively pre-flower I have found that my plants do not have the same recuperative powers 2-4 weeks into veg....so while it doesn't kill them ...they do not produce much of the knuckle we are looking for. That said, these plants look nothing like mine at 4 weeks...as I would not want to be supercropping my main colas....
    The Stretch
    I would prefer just bending them a bit...but not sure you would hurt anything supercropping this group.

8. Those plants really stretched out
    Were the lights always at full height?
    If so Next time keep them closer to the plants and raise as plants grow taller.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I grown in basements with dirt floors and actually dug out the floor for the plants height when lights were maxed out LOL

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for reply’s guys and these plants are from cuttings so they already faster but these just seem to take off I like the idea of bending and weighting or tieing down I’m managing just get away with it for now I keep shuffling them around I’m gonna research super cropping but worried I may stress them

• Like Like x 1
  11. Did not realize they are 4 weeks in so most stretch should be finished
    Could do the tie them over a bit with string to get them away from the lights

12. Yes
    After reading what Dave said about being 4 weeks in don't snap just carefully bend them away and tie
    I agree

13. They looked closer to veg from my seat

14. I’ve bent a few over just I’m gonna keep squeezing every time I go up I don’t think there’s gonna be much more growth I hope so should get away with it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daaaaaammmm Daniel them are some monster plants have u dun a blog on them dude

Sent from my A20 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Hey mal yeah they surprised me ultra fast strain and yes I’ve posted a bit of info should be on my profile have a follow I’ll be posting there throughout right to yield