Plants that are TOO bushy?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by suckysucky420, May 2, 2017.

1. #1 suckysucky420, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    I got this variety because it's supposed to tolerate a wide range of grow methods, since I had bad luck with my last grow. They're very green, but Ive never seen such tight internodes, even with indicas. I've been manipulating the big fan leaves to uncover the hidden growing tips to the light. I even super cropped the main stems so I could expose the smaller ones to my 600 watt led equivalent. I even cut a few fan leaves away that were looking crunchy and over fertilized.
    Has anybody had experiences with varieties like this? If so, are they productive, or am I just growing them wrong? I use Canna nutrients and Great White mycorrhizae/beneficial bacteria. I added a little cal mag supplement, since in my experience plants with Great White may need extra. The roots are looking a little brown but they aren't slimy snd sticking together. The ph remains stable at around 6. The seeds are called "Heavy Bud" from Advanced Seeds, from Bonza Seedbank.
    The variety should have been named "Cousin It," like that hairy creature from the Adams family because you can't tell what's underneath just from looking at it. IMG_0324.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Sensi Star.

Don't top it too much like I did. LST but raise the light and let it stretch a little first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nice to know that's typical for some strains. I've been experimenting with super cropping but I certainly wouldn't top my plants given their shapes. I've noticed that super cropped and lollipopped plants tend to look alike and have multiple fat buds, a shape which will fit nicely in my grow tent.
    I'm pretty happy with my Roleadro led as the plants seem to love it. The white lights are so much easier on the eyes and make it easier to see changes in plants earlier. The wait is killing me, though. I'm as dry as a mummy's pussy.

4. Indica dominant (65%+) phenotypes should not need to be trained heavily early on. I would stick to FIM or topping twice after the 3rd set of true leaves. Once to split at the 4th set of leaves and again after the fifth set grow out for a few days. Indicas absolutely love being mainlined though. I have an Aurora Indica plant that I trained and had I mainlined I could have increased yield by 50% (conservative). The secret is to spacing out colas just enough to allow fan leaves to spread out just enough that they aren't intertwined with their neighbors. Otherwise set up directional lighting underneath the canopy and hit the undergrowth with extra light.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'm as dry as a mummy's pussy. Lmfao!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Good ideas- thanks. I was unfamiliar with mainlining but I did at least know about topping, fimming, lollipopping, and super cropping.

7. trim some leaves if ur still vegging

• Like Like x 1
  8. I ended doing a little light lollipopping, and I donated some branches to a friend for cloning. My plants are looking amazing now, and just started flowering. I have quite a few growing tips and an even canopy. Can't wait!