Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Plants taken by police.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Colinruss, Jul 3, 2009.

1. #1 Colinruss, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009
    I have a couple questions as to the legality of what the police did.

First off are they allowed to take MY plants if they are on someone Else's property WHILE I'm there with their permission. See I designated this friend as my primary caregiver and after reading SB 420 it looks as though the police were right in saying he couldn't be my caregiver. I was there at the time the police came and they verified me and everything and I claimed the plants as mine.

My second question is do I need to always carry my doctors note with me explaining the conditions for which MMJ is prescribed, essentially the RX. Thats what the police told me that my wallet card isn't sufficient. Correct me if I am wrong but I would think it is none of their business why I have my card as long as I have it.

Oh ps I had a real drug trafficking network going with my TWO plants....

They tried to take my friend to jail for a felony, cultivation of marijuana, but after realizing that everyone and their mother knew the DA would look at this case and laugh they brought my friend back to the house and only charged him a misdemeanor because he let them search his house.

2. If the plants are at someone elses house who doesn't have a MMC wouldn't be protected. Here's a link to NORML legal issues:
    Legal Issues - NORML

Basically cops can say anything to get you to tell them something that they can't force you to. Why didn't he take you to jail without the prescription? Because he knows he can't.

I'm glad to hear they didn't hold you friend in jail over 2 plants. Sorry you lost your plants,too.

3. Plus, it's none of the LE's business what your medical condition is. You recommendation is your legal document.